recording electric guitar with ts cable to audio interface is very quite (PLS HELP)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
I Have Toes

recording electric guitar with ts cable to audio interface is very quite (PLS HELP)

Post by I Have Toes » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:46 am

I have been trying to record electric guitar using a ts cable to my native instruments Komplete audio 1 and the recording in Ableton live 10 is so quite that i can barely hear it. on my audio interface it says that the levels are alright. i dont know if its a problem with my audio interface or ableton or im stupid and making a dumb mistake.

Richie Witch

Re: recording electric guitar with ts cable to audio interface is very quite (PLS HELP)

Post by Richie Witch » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:55 am

Just guessing... but doesn't running your electric guitar straight into your audio interface require a Hi-Z input? The Komplete Audio 1 doesn't have one of those. Not an expert on this, but I think you need to DI box between the guitar and the audio interface.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

Tone Deft

Re: recording electric guitar with ts cable to audio interface is very quite (PLS HELP)

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:15 pm

Richie Witch wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:55 am
Just guessing... but doesn't running your electric guitar straight into your audio interface require a Hi-Z input? The Komplete Audio 1 doesn't have one of those. Not an expert on this, but I think you need to DI box between the guitar and the audio interface.
you are correct but I looked up the Komplete Audio 1 and it has a switch to change an input from "Line to Inst", Inst standing for Instrument. switch it to Instrument.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

I Have Toes

Post by I Have Toes » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:30 pm

ya i did still same thing. i looked it up and the komplete audio 1 dose not have a Hi-z input so would i need to use a di box

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:46 am

I Have Toes wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:30 pm
ya i did still same thing. i looked it up and the komplete audio 1 dose not have a Hi-z input so would i need to use a di box
the jack input set to "instrument" should work with your electric guitar...