Ableton Live on mbp

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cutflow

Ableton Live on mbp

Post by cutflow » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:18 pm

do you guys install any audio codec or drivers on mbp when running Ableton Live

I've been thinking of having a trainer connect to my pc over zoom take control of my pc/ableton and but not sure if he will hear the audio tho

TLW

Re: Ableton Live on mbp

Post by TLW » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:37 pm

The only audio drivers - in fact the only third-party drivers - I install are the RME ones for my audio interface, whatever my Korg and Arturia MIDI gear needs to work and the necessary control surface stuff to get TouchAble to work with Live.

As for codecs, unlike Windows where not having the right codec seemed to be a perennial problem, I’ve never found a need to install any other than the ones Apple include with the Mac, iTunes, Quicktime etc.

I have very little experience with Zoom though, other than deciding installing a Zoom server is a potential security and privacy risk I have no intention of taking. Taking part in a Zoom conference when someone else is running the Zoom server just uses a web browser and works without installing anything, but allowing someone else remote control of a computer goes a fair bit beyond that. What I do know is that everyone in a Zoom conference can hear and see each other with only the person running the conference needing to install anything.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.