Ableton 10 being very sluggish working w/ audio files

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ambedobass

Ableton 10 being very sluggish working w/ audio files

Post by ambedobass » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:19 pm

I have noticed recently that i am getting a lot of audio buffering loading bars popping up on the bottom status bar which never used to happen; on top of this - i have noticed if i am working with a bunch of samples ableton feels very sluggish and choppy. I have searched high and low trying to fix this issue and came up with nothing that works so far. I have no maximum cashe size set, my computer has 16gb of ram, All audio files (and ableton cashe) are on SSD drives that are filled 50% or less. Even when i am browsing through samples in the sidebar search, the buffering bar will pop up every time i preview a new sample. If anyone could help me out that would be amazing. I sent a status report to ableton support but its been 3 days w/o a reply (probably taking longer due to covid im guessing). Having these issues is really fucking up my flow and i havent been able to get any solid work done for weeks now - its insanely frustrating.

djorno

Re: Ableton 10 being very sluggish working w/ audio files

Post by djorno » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:01 pm

Going through similar issue. Sets that have worked fine no problem before are now bogged down and constantly buffering, and it goes through this super slow process each and every time I reload a set. I am just bumping this thread in the hopes that it gets seen.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:52 pm

djorno wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:01 pm
Sets that have worked fine no problem before are now bogged down and constantly buffering
What changed in your setup during during this time?
Ableton Forum Moderator

annihilator.1

Post by annihilator.1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:53 am

Not sure if related because you have not given system details.

I'm on a AMD system,
Asus B350 Prime
Ryzen 1600x
Windows 10

I would get this constant sample buffering if using presets from packs such as Beat Tools, Glitch & Wash etc.
Recently some optional updates for windows included 2 AMD Driver Fix dated 2017, I installed these & the buffering is gone completely.

<edit>
I take it back, I had these fixes installed almost a month now & went through some of my sets that used presets from the packs mentioned with no sign of the buffering.
Now after posting this it's back.
</edit>

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:30 am

Do you any of you does store your audio files on something like DropBox?
Ableton Forum Moderator