KOMPLETE KONTROL KEYBOARD with Live10

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
aklisiewicz

KOMPLETE KONTROL KEYBOARD with Live10

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:35 pm

For some time I was using my Novation keyboard which works great with Live, but now since I also have KK (1st generation) 61 keys keyboard I'm thinking of getting rid of Novatrion (simply takes to much of my space).

QUESTION:
How can I make my KK Keyboard to behave as close as possible as Novation ?
At this moment even REC buttons does not work. Are there ant MIDI scripts or anything I could reporogram this ? I know there is an NI Editor but I'm now really well familiat with midi cCCs etc. I would like to have at least the sit buttons work so I can PLAY STOP REC etc...

Appreciate any insignt...
ART
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

jlgrimes

Re: KOMPLETE KONTROL KEYBOARD with Live10

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:50 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:35 pm
For some time I was using my Novation keyboard which works great with Live, but now since I also have KK (1st generation) 61 keys keyboard I'm thinking of getting rid of Novatrion (simply takes to much of my space).

QUESTION:
How can I make my KK Keyboard to behave as close as possible as Novation ?
At this moment even REC buttons does not work. Are there ant MIDI scripts or anything I could reporogram this ? I know there is an NI Editor but I'm now really well familiat with midi cCCs etc. I would like to have at least the sit buttons work so I can PLAY STOP REC etc...

Appreciate any insignt...
ART

Do you have it setup as a native control surface? My Record buttons are working fine. I have the Mk2 though. I think the Mk1 gets set up a bit differently.

NI website explains somewhat decently how to set them up (although there are some confusing aspects to setting it up which could be getting you).

aklisiewicz

Re: KOMPLETE KONTROL KEYBOARD with Live10

Post by aklisiewicz » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:24 pm

My Record buttons are working fine. I have the Mk2 though. I think the Mk1 gets set up a bit differently.
I do not understand your question. Setup as Control surface ? what do you mean ? I just got it setup in MIDI settings in Live and have my IN and OUT enabled for both midi directions.
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu