Mapping Komplete Kontrol VST into Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Mapping Komplete Kontrol VST into Live

Post by aklisiewicz » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:00 am

I'm trying to map IMPACT SOUNDWORKS - Shakuhachi flute and it does not work. When I try to get get the controls into Live (click CONFIGURE) it does not grab any controls. Another problem with this instrument is that it is not mapped into KK controls as well so if I enable showing the dials on the top and try to move them they do not move any controls inside the instrument. I use KK v2.3

here is an example: https://ibb.co/jRq25bC

Any ideas how to get this to work ?
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

S4racen

Re: Mapping Komplete Kontrol VST into Live

Post by S4racen » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:19 am

Speak to the VST developer. Issue is on their side.

Cheers
D

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:40 am

Thanks but your statement is obvious. I'm asking here to find help not to ask if I can or cannot ask developer. I have plugins from known company (IMPACT SOUNDWORKS) and I have already asked them this question. So far no answer so I'm trying to find some help quicker here on the forum.

Actually I have also some other plugins from other vendors where the controls are not mapped natively by NI, so they have to be mapped but the typical method by pointing and clicking does not work so this is very general question.
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:43 am

Its funny when the obvious answers are the actual answers isn't it!

Cheers
D

stripe

Post by stripe » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:25 am

I really don't think this is actually possible at the moment as annoyingly i don't think the KK software sends or reports MIDI itself yet.
The only alternative is to use the instrument outside of KK and put the keyboard into MIDI mode and use Ableton's macros as normal and map them that way.

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:10 am

aklisiewicz wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:00 am
I'm trying to map IMPACT SOUNDWORKS - Shakuhachi flute and it does not work. When I try to get get the controls into Live (click CONFIGURE) it does not grab any controls. Another problem with this instrument is that it is not mapped into KK controls as well so if I enable showing the dials on the top and try to move them they do not move any controls inside the instrument. I use KK v2.3

here is an example: https://ibb.co/jRq25bC

Any ideas how to get this to work ?

It should work it's just a bit confusing. Are you in midi mode of your controller?

leajoncov

Post by leajoncov » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:38 pm

You need to make sure you have loaded the correct kk into live its got to be the Komplete kontrol VST.adg for it to work in an instrument rack .

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:10 pm

double post
Last edited by jestermgee on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:13 pm

leajoncov wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:38 pm
You need to make sure you have loaded the correct kk into live its got to be the Komplete kontrol VST.adg for it to work in an instrument rack .
That’s not his issue here

From the sounds of it, the control is not host automatable but instead needs midi which seems strange to be designed that way, but if that’s the case, you cannot map midi when using KK as it operates in NKS mode using “host automation” mapped parameters.

You need to use it outside KK plugin and then switch the KK keyboard to midi mode and I assume learn a midi control to the plugin. No idea as I have never looked but just en educated guess.