Warping Acapellas - Whats your tips?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
buckman

Warping Acapellas - Whats your tips?

Post by buckman » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:53 pm

How does everyone warp Acapellas?

I can do most warping in Ableton Live 10 but Acapellas are the bane of my life. Fixed Tempo pop acapellas, I seem to warp but then end up cutting up and slicing and nudging different clips back and forth to get it all in time.
So 1 Acapella becomes about 20 clips until it drifts, with some warping, i have to nudge it.. and it takes about an hour for a simple strict tempo acapella to fall in line. Surely its not meant to be this hard?

Please tell me any quick tips for doing this? :) like a warp marker at the start and end? and knock the end marker 'in' til it all locks in time?
Its taking me ages and i need to nail warping acapellas much better!

Have looked at various Youtube tutorials but still can't see to get it with Acapellas as there is no downbeat as such?

Thank you! :?

yur2die4

Re: Warping Acapellas - Whats your tips?

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:28 pm

If you have the full track, you can try to line up the vocal version unwarped to the full version warped where Arrangement View’s tempo is set to follow that of the warped clip. Then activate Warp.

Ideally, the vox version should not have any differences. If it doesn’t line up exactly, we’ll.. that’s annoying.

I’ve had problems with this in the past myself. I don’t do it often.

buckman

Post by buckman » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:46 pm

Yes no access to the orig track...and they are cover acapellas so not necessarily the orig bpm of the tracks online to find the bpm

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:14 pm

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz