Private online lessons – any good ones?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Christian_R

Private online lessons – any good ones?

Post by Christian_R » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Hi!

As many others, I struggle to get my mix perfect, and I think I will take some private Ableton lessons online to learn more. I have watched many tutorials on YouTube, but I think I would learn more if a professional helped me with a specific project.

So my question is, are there any good private online lessons out there? I would like to share my screen (and sound of course), and be guided to make my mix better. And my synths, bass etc. too, anything to make the song better.

I reached out to the YouTuber called Underbelly from "You suck at producing", but unfortunately his schedule is full for the next weeks.

Cheers!

Tone Deft

Re: Private online lessons – any good ones?

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:49 pm

find one and we can help you evaluate them. there are hundreds out there. any of them that post here I'd vouch for. not the ones that lurk and rarely post.

one horror story on here recently is some guy was paying a teacher who would not upgrade his lessons to Live 10. pretty obvious waste of money on that guy, whoever he was.

sounds good that you have a specific goal in mind. I taught someone online for free, it took me 4 hours to go over the basics of Arrange View. I'll never do that for free again. I should have made him pay so he'd stop being a twat.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:34 pm

Check out Jimmy Allison, he's a certified trainer and has lots of good reviews here.

Christian_R

Post by Christian_R » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I will check out Jimmy Allison, and also some others if I can find them :)

massprod

Post by massprod » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:48 am

Hi! i offer one on one private lessons! www.massprod.org
fist lesson is free!

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:16 pm

Well since you are asking, I have been teaching Ableton Live for 15 years now, with regular full courses (3 semesters per year) for groups of 12 at the SAT art centre (sat.qc.ca) in Montreal and also one on one private lessons ranging from beginner to expert, dealing with all aspects of Ableton Live as well as composing, production, synthesis, mixing and mastering, acoustics. The past year, due to covid-19, my SAT courses have been on hold and my "physically present" private courses as well, so I started doing private lessons with my students online in the past couple of months. Message me if you are interested. I can teach in English, French or Polish :D Cheers!

Example of my SAT course (in French) - Postponed for now
http://www.janpienkowski.ca/