Using MOTU M2 Interface Loopback in Ableton?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lattetown

Re: Using MOTU M2 Interface Loopback in Ableton?

Post by lattetown » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:11 am

this_drives_me_nuts wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:51 pm
...loopback can be used with channels 5/6 & 7/8...
Thanks, along with downloading the latest Mac driver from MOTU, enabling the input Channel Configuration for channels 5/6 & 7/8 fixed the issue.

I believe the loopback signal on channels 5/6 are the just computer audio without signals coming into the M2/M4 (with -4db of headroom by default), and the loopback signal on channels 7/8 are a mix of audio coming from external inputs along with computer audio.

mp3

Re: Using MOTU M2 Interface Loopback in Ableton?

Post by mp3 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:58 am

Tone Deft wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:41 pm
now with this Loopback feature is seems that it lets to record the input to your sound card and the output at the same time into your DAW. this is a new feature I haven't heard of before. Ableton doesn't support it, don't know if it's on their radar either.

I've been using loopback with Ableton since I bought it at version 7. Loopback is a function of the audio interface driver; to the DAW, a loopback input is just a set of inputs that just so happen to carry computer-generated audio. RME's Totalmix has had loopback functionality since forever (I used to use it with Logic 4 to sample from iTunes, DVDs, the internet, etc.) and MOTU's driver has had the function for at least the better part of a decade.