Ableton Drumrack in stand alone mode

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Oledole

Ableton Drumrack in stand alone mode

Post by Oledole » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:41 am

Hi!

As i'm having latency problems when a project is getting bigger (even with the latest fastest Mac) with the Ableton Drumrack and i want to play the samples live i'm thinknig if there is a way to use the Ableton Drumrack in stand alone mode? Now i'm running maschine in standalone mode to be able to play the samples live and then when they are recored i open up an instance of mashine in live with that same samples, but Ableton Drumrack is simply so much better than maschine so id like to do the same with Ableton Drumrack.

Is there a way to open an instance of Ableton Drumrack in Max in standalone mode for example? Havent figured out how to do that.. And then after having played the beat with the right samples i could then save that instance of the sampler and then open it up in Live..

Any help appreciated!!

Tarekith

Re: Ableton Drumrack in stand alone mode

Post by Tarekith » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:04 pm

Nope, sorry, it can only be used inside of Live like all of the Live devices.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:52 pm

Open a new blank project. Name it Scratch or Sketch or something.

And then in the Live browser go to the project you’re working on and find the channel that has that drum rack. Drag that drum rack into your new project. Play and record the bit. Save that.

Then go back into your original project and drag the new recorded clips from those Sketch project.

TLW

Post by TLW » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:18 pm

Oledole wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:41 am
Hi!

As i'm having latency problems when a project is getting bigger (even with the latest fastest Mac)
Do you mean a 2020 i9 iMac, MacPro, iMac Pro....? Audio interface? Audio buffer setting? Is this when running Live only or are you running other software at the same time?
Oledole wrote:
with the Ableton Drumrack
Are you using an Ableton preset drum rack or one you've put together yourself? It could be that somewhere in the rack there's a plugin that imposes a high latency because of how long it takes to do its thing.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

Oledole

Post by Oledole » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:39 pm

thanx for the replies! A 2020 Macbook pro with best of everything. Buffer size 64. Live only.
I've made the drumrack myself with many instances of ableton sampler. Not many plugins in the drumrack just a few eqs. But the project is pretty big like 60 channels or so, many UAD plugins etc.

cheers

TLW wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:18 pm
Oledole wrote:
Hi!

As i'm having latency problems when a project is getting bigger (even with the latest fastest Mac)
Do you mean a 2020 i9 iMac, MacPro, iMac Pro....? Audio interface? Audio buffer setting? Is this when running Live only or are you running other software at the same time?
Oledole wrote:
with the Ableton Drumrack
Are you using an Ableton preset drum rack or one you've put together yourself? It could be that somewhere in the rack there's a plugin that imposes a high latency because of how long it takes to do its thing.

Oledole

Post by Oledole » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:40 pm

Thanx for this, this is good idea but i wanto play the drums to the the rest of the music.

Cheers O

yur2die4 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:52 pm
Open a new blank project. Name it Scratch or Sketch or something.

And then in the Live browser go to the project you’re working on and find the channel that has that drum rack. Drag that drum rack into your new project. Play and record the bit. Save that.

Then go back into your original project and drag the new recorded clips from those Sketch project.

Oledole

Post by Oledole » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:41 pm

ok cool thanx yeah i figured it would be like this..
Tarekith wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:04 pm
Nope, sorry, it can only be used inside of Live like all of the Live devices.