timeline to follow jogwheel

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Drumstix

timeline to follow jogwheel

Post by Drumstix » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:11 am

Hi there!
I'm using a behringer xtouch one with live10. In arrangement view, the jogwheel of the xtouch behaves unexpected. I can see that it changes the playhead, but the timeline doesn't follow it. So for example when I'm zoomed in on beat 100 and beat 80 is not visible in the timeline because of zooming, I can use the jogwheel to go back to beat 80. But although the play start is now at beat 80, I can still not see it!
It's like when "follow song" mode is switched off. The timeline display doesn't scroll back & forth. Why is that? I now still have to use my mouse to go to a certain spot...

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: timeline to follow jogwheel

Post by [jur] » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 pm

brrt wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:11 am
I now still have to use my mouse to go to a certain spot...
There no work around this unfortunately. The play marker is king in Live, which has many advantages but doesn't help at all in your situation.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Drumstix

Post by Drumstix » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:58 pm

oh now I see. I've spend a fair amount of time trying to get around this, but to no avail.
There's a discrepancy between the play marker and the arrangement insert marker. Using the keyboards' arrow keys or clicking on the timeline with the mouse, these two will always be on the same spot. Just like how it should be. But using any control surface these two somehow get disconnected. I even checked with the live object model (LOM) API; jump_by function only impacts arrangement insert marker but not the play marker. And no function whatsoever to set the play marker! Very uncool... But it works with mouse and arrow keys? why not in API?

Any change to get this on the feature request list?

TheDukeLondon

Post by TheDukeLondon » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:54 am

This is driving me absolutely crazy using Ableton Live 10 and PreSonus Faderport Classic.

Once they become disconnected, all my controller does it move the arrangement insert marker. Utterly useless!!!