Collect All & Save (Selectively?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
92elm

Collect All & Save (Selectively?)

Post by 92elm » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi guys,

First time posting in here, apologies if this is the wrong spot for this.

I've used the Collect All & Save function often when transferring project files to collaborators, or other computers.

Recently the projects I've been working on, mostly for clients, have been large (2-4 GB) because of how many audio samples are in the project. I'll often add a few additional sounds, loops, etc. to enhance the production, and then send them the session back.

The issue I'm running into, is that "Collect All & Save" seems to make copies of every file in the Samples folder, and doubles the size of my project file. If I had a 2GB project, add a few new sounds, and do "Collect All & Save" to make sure the new files are present when I send the project back to my client, the file is now 4GB. The issue is obvious, how do I avoid this? I'm aware I could locate the individual files, make copies with the same file name, and put them in the project's Samples folder, but I'm hoping there's an easier & more obvious answer that I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tarekith

Re: Collect All & Save (Selectively?)

Post by Tarekith » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:52 pm

When you do collect all and save just save to a new location.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Collect All & Save (Selectively?)

Post by [jur] » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:30 pm

To get more Collect&Save options, use the Manage Files entry from the Files menu.
Ableton Forum Moderator