For Sale/Wanted Forum Still Locked

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cameroon

For Sale/Wanted Forum Still Locked

Post by cameroon » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:46 pm

Does anyone know why it's still locked? I'm really hoping to get a used copy of Ableton Live 10 Suite, but all the sellers on eBay don't seem to be selling legitimate copies. Hence why I want to buy it through the forum on here. It's been like 2 months now and I kind of don't want to wait any longer for it to be unlocked :cry:

Tarekith

Re: For Sale/Wanted Forum Still Locked

Post by Tarekith » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:36 pm

It's locked because we were also hit with a wave of scammers using the forum to sell licenses that were fraudulent as well. We're looking into solutions going forward, but for now it's not the worth the risk of someone purchasing a license that is not legitimate on our own forums. Until we get that sorted, the buy/sell forum will remain closed.

pottering

Post by pottering » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:52 pm

IMO should be closed for good, since it is clear people think it is vouched by Ableton, and safer to buy there, when it is not vouched and it is not safer.

So not only people get scammed, but then they blame Ableton.

Also, IMO that help page where it is said Ableton can check if the license exists, implying it is safe to buy then (it is NOT safe, scammers can acquire a legit license with credit card fraud), that page and its wording should be checked by Ableton's lawyers.
♥♥♥

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:19 pm

That is obviously what we are looking into right now.

thibaultmagy

Post by thibaultmagy » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:43 pm

Hi, are there any news ?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:45 pm

No. In all honesty I would not expect it to return anytime soon, this is a difficult problem to solve.