Ableton crashes when I try to use Asio4All

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
strangers&aliens

Ableton crashes when I try to use Asio4All

Post by strangers&aliens » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:37 pm

This started happening very recently. First time it happened, I loaded up Live, and it came up with this error message: "Live's last program run was abnormally aborted. It is likely that this happened because a corrupt audio driver was selected. Audio has therefore been temporarily disabled. Please choose a different audio driver from the Audio Preferences."
Now, every time I try to select Asio4All, Ableton crashes and when I load it it comes up with the same error message. I have tried installing and reinstalling the drivers, however that doesn't work. I have also tried installing different versions of the drivers, and that doesn't work either.
I don't want to try uninstalling Ableton because I don't want to lose all of my work.

Thanks,
Will

DjPseudonymous

Re: Ableton crashes when I try to use Asio4All

Post by DjPseudonymous » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:51 pm

It's hard to believe there are only a handful of people using ASIO4ALL. I am having the same problem with some Live 10 update between the time I last used it and today. This is frustrating as I have used ASIO4ALL for all my audio applications (Reaper, Cakewalk, Sound Forge, Omnisphere) for at least 10 years without problems. I find it hard to swallow that now I have to find another alternative for Live only.

Incidentally the ASIO driver that MAGIX provides with its products appears to be a 2016 (v2.13) version of ASIO4ALL with the labeling changed.

DjPseudonymous

Re: Ableton crashes when I try to use Asio4All

Post by DjPseudonymous » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:55 pm

Following up on myself...for what its worth ASIO4ALL 2.14 still works fine with my Live 9.7 x64 installation.