VST Blank or Frozen GUI, crashes Ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
qbikmusik

VST Blank or Frozen GUI, crashes Ableton

Post by qbikmusik » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:24 am

Hey, so ive been dealing with a wierd issue ever since I upgraded to a new computer. I have a constant problem with certain VSTs such as the fab filter series and Melda plugins loading in with a blank screen or frozen gui that proceeds to crash my project if I try to close or interact with the VSTs. The only difference that I feel would really be the cause of this due to upgrading to a new computer is the fact that this computer uses as an NVIDIA gpu while my previous computer used AMD. I have a two monitor setup, one monitor uses gsync and is 144hz and the second monitor is a standard 1080p 60hz monitor. Ive been trying to figure this problem out for a while, doing all sorts of things including turning off one monitor, deleting nvidia control panel, enabling and disabling HIDPI mode, and other random solutions and none of them have worked. Its really starting to become a pain in the ass where I cant use any of my go to 3rd party plugins and I have no idea how to fix it. Any solutions or things to look into would be appreciated, yesterday I reset my entire PC hoping that would fix it and it still hasnt, so im at a loss at this point :/

mosmoz

Re: VST Blank or Frozen GUI, crashes Ableton

Post by mosmoz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:02 pm

Im experiencing the same issue...
Did you find a solution ?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:43 am

I'm going to ask the obvious question so don't crucify me. Are you using the latest versions of those plug ins? At least with OP Melda and Fabfilter are legit upgraders, they keep things working but if you're on an old version or haven't updated the latest version you might run into graphics issues like this.

Sushea

Post by Sushea » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:40 am

Sadly this has been an issue for me since launch of v11, and ableton support just runs me in circles. All plugins up to date, ableton up to date, paid for plugins no hacks.

Getting a little tired that half my plugins won't work. Running an i9-12k series with over 100 gb of RAM on Windows 11. HALP