Output volume gets lower until I stop/ start audio over

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
laughingginger

Output volume gets lower until I stop/ start audio over

Post by laughingginger » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:16 pm

I've been building a group of samples and loop to play live and I started noticing that the volume was getting quieter and quieter until I hit the space bar twice to stop/start. It will drop about 10db over the course of just a couple min. This happens to all audio, not just a track or group of tracks. There is also no volume automation or movements of the slider on the master or output buss.

I have drum racks on 3 channels, 4 synths, and 3 audio channels all sent to one buss. I am using a launchpad for the clips and have a launch control XL for the mix. I also have a XONE K2 mapped to mostly control some synths and HP/LP filters on the output buss.

I have limiters on some tracks and compressors on others. I have nothing on the master but Limiter , HP and LP on the output buss.

I haven't always had this problem with the set up but I am really not sure what I did to get here. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

Tarekith

Re: Output volume gets lower until I stop/ start audio over

Post by Tarekith » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Make sure your sound card drivers are up to date. I've seen something similar a few years ago with a cheaper NI DJ audio interface that was due to a driver bug. Just an idea.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
InnerPortalStudio.com - Professional Audio Mastering