Free trial over, how to uninstall unusable packs?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wolffworkshop

Free trial over, how to uninstall unusable packs?

Post by wolffworkshop » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:05 pm

Hi all, I'm new to Ableton and purchased the Push 2 which came with INTRO. I decided to download the full SUITE and now that trial is over I have to wait a while before buying the full version. My problem is that the SUITE came with all the packs and instruments. Now I don't have SUITE every time I try and load a drum kit I have to go through the process of clicking on it only to find ten seconds later that it doesn't come with INTRO. Does anyone know the best way to get rid of everything I cannot use currently?

Thanks, Ben

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Free trial over, how to uninstall unusable packs?

Post by [jur] » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:43 pm

You can simply thrash those packs from the Finder/Explorer or from within Live's Browser.
Ableton Forum Moderator

wolffworkshop

Post by wolffworkshop » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi, thanks for that. I think my issue is slightly different to how I've described. It's not the packs exclusively it's everything under SOUNDS,DRUMS,INSTRUMENTS etc that won't work with INTRO. I've purchased a £500 Push 2 and can't find any drums to use. I was hoping to find a few drums and instruments to get things going at least. Is this not the case?

Thanks, Ben

pottering

Post by pottering » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:22 pm

It is way easier to simply delete (or move elsewhere) everything and (re-)download the Intro stuff.
♥♥♥

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:56 pm

pottering wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:22 pm
It is way easier to simply delete (or move elsewhere) everything and (re-)download the Intro stuff.
That would be my suggestion to. 99.5% of content is not available for Intro so you won't have much to play with, you will need to look for your own to load in and play.

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/compare-editions/

wolffworkshop

Post by wolffworkshop » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:57 am

Hi, that's what I did but somehow upon deletion of SUITE, removal of preference and library files and any mention of the word Ableton or Propellerhead when I re install INTRO it's all just there but upon clicking I'm told to authorise whatever I click on then it tells me it's not included with my package.