mapping buttons with midi keyboard

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
galaxypro06

mapping buttons with midi keyboard

Post by galaxypro06 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:48 am

so i have a midi keyboard. the arturia minilab mk2. i am a beginner. my question is why is it that when i map a touch pad that i have not mapped yet to the arm track function, the track only gets armed when i hold the button down. this also happened to me while muting the clips. i have to hold the button down to keep the track armed if i let go it is not armed anymore. please help

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: mapping buttons with midi keyboard

Post by [jur] » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:44 pm

It sounds like you Minilab is sending momentary on/off midi CC, or note on and note off for every press etc... these are pads and not buttons so you need to modify their behaviour.
You should learn a bit about midi, that'd help a lot but for now you can
- check that your Minilab is correctly selected in Live's midi preferences under Control Surfaces,
- and also check the keyboard's manual to find out which presets are made for Live (I don't have this controller so maybe there isn't any preset for Live, but I highly doubt it's the case).
- it probably comes with some kind of "midi editor", that's where you'll find the parameters you need to edit
- check those videos
Ableton Forum Moderator