Exporting a Song Problem

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
dakes2

Exporting a Song Problem

Post by dakes2 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:27 pm

Im having problems when exporting my songs in Ableton, i use ready made audio backing tracks and then use my Yamaha CS1X sequencer to record the midi track, the problem is when i export the song its just the backing track without the midi track, i have tried to convert the midi track to an audio track by freezing it, but it says something like no audio output, any suggestions on what im doing wrong on this please

Da hand

Re: Exporting a Song Problem

Post by Da hand » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:24 pm

MIDI has no audio information contained in it, it is just a set of instructions to control something - I assume in your case it is to control the Yamaha CS1X as an instrument that plays along with your project ? If yes, then so far you have recorded the set of instructions (MIDI) from the Yamaha CS1X - instructions for the Yamaha CS1X of what to play, when and how. Now you need to also record the audio from the Yamaha CS1X into Ableton Live.

dakes2

Re: Exporting a Song Problem

Post by dakes2 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:14 pm

im new to all this and its a bit confusing, i have recorded a song using an audio backing track and the played the melody over it recorded on the midi track, it has all recorded ok and plays back fine, just by hitting the play button in ableton with the cs1x switched off, all sounds good, so all i want to do now is export the song what i am hearing so i can burn it to a cd,