Output Speakers

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Iggy10

Output Speakers

Post by Iggy10 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:53 pm

Hi,

I am using Ableton 10 Lite on Windows 10 (very new Ableton user).
I am using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen as my interface.

I have successfuly recorded an audio track using both the Line and Mic I/P's of the interface.

The problem: I can only hear the recording through the interface headphones. I would like to hear it through the computer as I have some very nice speakers attatched to the PC.

Have tried:

- routing the O/P via Preferences/Audio but it seems that the Mac version has O/P but not the Windows
- right clicking the Speaker icon in the Windows task bar/Open Sound Settings/Output/Choose Output Device - Realtek HiDef (computer speakers)

So far, no success.

I could, but would rather not, take the line out from the interface into the speakers I mention above but would rather not for a variety of reasons. I also think, despite not knowing how, there is a way to re-route the sound output.

Does anyone know how to do this - in as plain language as possible.

Many thanks in advance,

Iggy10

Christian_R

Re: Output Speakers

Post by Christian_R » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Select Live (in the top left), then Preferences. Third from the top, you will see Audio Output Device. From there you can select your speakers.

I had the exact same problem myself when I started :)

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:32 pm

One gotcha when you select the computer speakers for output, you won't hear anything in the headphones attached to the interface any more until you set up a cue buss and route that to the interface.

Tam51n

Post by Tam51n » Sun May 02, 2021 3:46 pm

bus means click in! i wondred the same myself