Live 11 is coming !!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
baseinstinct

Re: Live 11 is coming !!!

Post by baseinstinct » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:55 am

By the overall spirit in posts, dummy update.

Still, a review of the features, this is a true upgrade packed with lots of useful functionality.
Really cool! Thanks Ableton Team ^^

Scaper7

Post by Scaper7 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:54 am

still only being offered L10 beta program on Centercode (yes i own L10 suite already)

what am i missing here? (mods? anyone?)

very keen to get my studio orientated around Live again now that there are real comping facilities to use ... had to spend a couple of years working with Studio One to avail myself of them when they didn't eventuate in L10 ... prior to that i tracked all my audio through an older Soundscape system, using it's own Soundscape audio editor which has had beez kneez multitrack comping since 90s (believe it or not) ... being a pure audio system, meant always using my sequencer of choice in sync with it, always running multiple apps ... finally i get to do it all in just one program - and my favourite audio program at that ... cool as

given how innovative Abes is with audio software, i had always thought when they finally get comping together it will be the biz ... looking at this, we're off to a great start ... this ticks all the important boxes for me ... big thanks

time to retire Studio One from audio tracking duties here now

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:49 am

I really wish they’d included a selection bounce feature. Freeze and drag to new audio track creates a much bigger file than you need if there’s more in your original track than the selection/loop that you want bounced. Record to new audio track is unnecessarily tedious when other daws easily let you bounce a selection.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:10 pm

The beta is being rolled out to groups of people over time in the order they signed up, not everyone will have instant access to it yet.

ozinga

Post by ozinga » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:58 am

Please,

Bounce in Place
Disable and Hide Tracks
Multi Clip fade, trim
Midi Note Split
Slice clips by grid/transient in arrangement window

and I am done :)

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:51 pm

ozinga wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:58 am
Please,

Bounce in Place
Disable and Hide Tracks
Multi Clip fade, trim
Midi Note Split

If that's you're preferred workflow, I use another DAW that does this sort of stuff so amazingly well. Hint: Grim

and on that cheeky note, I better "split". :oops:
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

ozinga

Post by ozinga » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:21 pm

dna598 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:51 pm
ozinga wrote:
Please,

Bounce in Place
Disable and Hide Tracks
Multi Clip fade, trim
Midi Note Split

If that's you're preferred workflow, I use another DAW that does this sort of stuff so amazingly well. Hint: Grim

and on that cheeky note, I better "split". :oops:
Every other DAW you mean :)
Because these are pretty standard workflow features which I think any DAW should have by default and few of these had high votes on center code for 10 Beta.
But I love to work in Live. Using it as a sidekick since version 1 but if Live had these too I wouldn't go between Live and Logic.

Mister Natural

Post by Mister Natural » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:37 am

will there be any upgrades on the AAS-affiliated instruments

?
Last edited by Mister Natural on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
an expert only on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google
#smile

AgungPutranto

Post by AgungPutranto » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:40 am

ozinga wrote:
Please,

Bounce in Place
Disable and Hide Tracks
Multi Clip fade, trim
Midi Note Split

multi clip fade would be amazing, plus.. option/alt scroll up/down to resize tracks height :D

saski

Post by saski » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:50 am

jonljacobi wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:50 pm
saski wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:29 pm
Pls tell me multiple fades is here...
Not something I use, but if you select multiple clips, you can adjust their fades together IF they are at the same point in time. It's relative, not absolute. Remember that this is still a beta that's a couple of months out and this might change. If they can do that, then there's no reason they can't extend it.

I'm guessing there will be changes everywhere and there's certainly a lot of stuff I haven't read about or tried.
Yeah it's standard in every other DAW. Such a basic editing flaw...and very time consuming...

jonbenderr

Post by jonbenderr » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Ableton, Ableton
Please let me in
I want to beta test
Live Eleven

Heh.

No seriously though. Curious to see how max will be able to interact with comping. I may have missed it somewhere, but will we be able to apply FX to each individual take?

Mister Natural

Post by Mister Natural » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:06 pm

will there be any upgrades to the softtube-affiliated EFX

?
an expert only on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google
#smile

highbreed

Post by highbreed » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:05 am

Can someone working on live 11 please include a feature that separates midi clip notes into seperate grouped tracks...just click and your chords/melody notes have their own track... thankyou

pinosvalle

Post by pinosvalle » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:25 am

Betatester here

Hybrid reverb is just.... wow
Comping is... simple, nice, fast

Just 5 minutes touching here and there and I’m in love.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:13 am

Personally I am in. The new features and possibly a Universal Binary version for M1 Macs looks promising to me.
As an Ableton User and an ICT worker, I am observing the slow revolution in the industry. While Big Tech like Google, MSFT, Oracle, Amazon are moving to the cloud services and software this 'cloud' race has taken over also the usual 'install locally' software companies.
They claim Cloud but only to take advantage of the new revenue model that has emerged. Pay annual fee, pay per usage.
Let's take Logic. Apple does not make money with Logic, the big money comes from overpriced hardware, especially iPhones. I am an Apple fan but that did not reduce my analytical capabilities. Logic is 'once in a life' kind of license. For now. Adobe asks for an annual fee. Ableton makes money out of software and some hardware and merchandise. You can expand and get new customers but you can ask little fees to your use base per major relase upgrade or as an annual fee. On Live 11 release I was close to pass, being 159 Euros a sensible amount. I do not earn an euro from music, I gain happiness. When making music I feel ok. So I decided eventually to accept the offer and hold my breath. In the future I might downgrade to standard as I am not developing with Max. I saw many complaints about the 159 Euros after 2 years of Live 10. What they put in each upgrade was incremental and useful to me.
The License model is 80 euros per year or about 7 euro per Month. Everybody has the right to declare that as too much. I like the new features.
Make music, have fun and if you are a Pro this Covid Times are the worst ever. Crossing fingers to a world were I can sit in the hall, enjoy your performance
and hope in the future I will be able to perform like you. Respect.
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers