Live 11 is coming !!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pottering

Re: Live 11 is coming !!!

Post by pottering » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:00 pm

mrdelurk wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:52 pm
Angstrom wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:39 pm
I'm going to do what I always do : purchase my license to grumble at the earliest opportunity.

Sure, they should have added a few of these bits to L10.2. Sure they are shafting us a bit. But have you observed nothing? This is purgatory we exist in, not heaven. Things are meant to be 59% annoying/disappointing by nature of existing here. The only way out is to munch joyfully upon the parts of the sandwich that are not poop.

It will be fine. I'll pay the money and pretend I paid an electric bill. I'll get a spectral whatsit and a followy thingy. I'll get some new stuff to complain about. What could be better?
Where is a giant Like button when one needs it... :-)

For me, the upgrade is academic actually, I still use 8.4.2. ( just don't want to deal with the V9 Browser GUI change and the 32/64 bit plugin precipice jump. Probably never will. Wait, they want Windows 10 too? Then definitely, 101% no chance.), I was just curious to read others' replies. :D
My purgatory is users like the ones above, that waste effort trying to ruin other's people's joy at every opportunity.
♥♥♥

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:45 pm

Angstrom's "I'll get some new stuff to complain about." remark was the nicest self-deprecating wisdom I found in a long time. A single sentence that has layers of insights wrapped into more layers of insights, Pottering.

Mrkillface

Post by Mrkillface » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:23 am

I'm curious how well the new Apple processors will work with Ableton Live. I've been waiting for the new Macs to launch so I could upgrade and now I'm in a weird predicament. I don't want to buy one and then not be able to make music on it. But at the same time, I don't want to buy last year's model when the new ones offer so much more performance per dollar in comparison.

Has anyone heard any word about whether Ableton is working on compatibility/optimization for the new Mac Chips/OS? And if so, what/when?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:06 am

pottering wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:00 pm

My purgatory is users like the ones above, that waste effort trying to ruin other's people's joy at every opportunity.
Then you read me wrong. My point was for those who are dissatisfied

My point was that nothing in this life is perfect. Sure Live 10 could have been better. Live 11 could be better. Everything and everyone could be better. It would be really great if I was a fantastic musician - but we do not live in some kind of ideal world where reality matches our dreams of perfection. If we look around - It's neither heaven nor hell. It's a kind of flawed world where nothing is quite satisfying if held to the standard of the ideal. But neither is it hell.
The glass is both half full AND half empty.

We are given the choice to interpret that. Our interpretation determines our experience of it. We cannot make this world Heaven, there's no way at all for me to make Ableton 11 have the features I want. Even if it did - would I make perfect music? Not at all. The world is flawed. And it's helpful to embrace that rather than to get angry about the ways in which it disappoints us.

Live 11 exists. That's something to relish, even if we acknowledge it's flawed like everything must be because it cannot be otherwise.

Wow, this acid is really kicking in now.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:23 am

That was very deep. I was moved.

:P

pottering

Post by pottering » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:26 am

My apologies to Angstrom and mrdelurk, that was out of proportion.
♥♥♥

U.B.R.K.

Post by U.B.R.K. » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:43 am

Any updates in 11 to how Live works with video? It would be nice to be able to work with .mp4 files directly without converting to .mov or playing pick-a-codec-any-codec (and dealing with random crashes). :o

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:18 am

U.B.R.K. wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:43 am
Any updates in 11 to how Live works with video? It would be nice to be able to work with .mp4 files directly without converting to .mov or playing pick-a-codec-any-codec (and dealing with random crashes). :o
Avoid mp4. Otherwise no problem (it still seems a bit more complicated on Windows, though)
Ableton Forum Moderator

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:21 am

Tarekith wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:23 am
That was very deep. I was moved.

:P
:evil:
Shit, you're too quick Erik! I was searching for a joke, but no one can beats that! :D
Ableton Forum Moderator

Scaper7

Post by Scaper7 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:17 am

comping

nuff said

take my money

pottering

Post by pottering » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:06 am

The changes in the tiers in the compare editions page, for stuff that already existed on 10, are rather interesting...

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/compare-editions/

The videos I watched don't seem to mention those much (I guess they are not new features).

Well, it is possible the webmaster made a mistake.
♥♥♥

gennargiu

Post by gennargiu » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:15 am

Hi but the new device live 11 only suite version ?
Live Ableton 8.4 (32/64 bit) + Operator - Live Ableton 10 intro - Launchpad S - Windows 10

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:41 pm

Angstrom wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:06 am
My point was that nothing in this life is perfect. Sure Live 10 could have been better. Live 11 could be better. Everything and everyone could be better. It would be really great if I was a fantastic musician - but we do not live in some kind of ideal world where reality matches our dreams of perfection. If we look around - It's neither heaven nor hell. It's a kind of flawed world where nothing is quite satisfying if held to the standard of the ideal. But neither is it hell.
The glass is both half full AND half empty.

We are given the choice to interpret that. Our interpretation determines our experience of it. We cannot make this world Heaven, there's no way at all for me to make Ableton 11 have the features I want. Even if it did - would I make perfect music? Not at all. The world is flawed. And it's helpful to embrace that rather than to get angry about the ways in which it disappoints us.

Live 11 exists. That's something to relish, even if we acknowledge it's flawed like everything must be because it cannot be otherwise.
Love your words Angstrom! That's exactly what I needed now, but in another context. I have just bought the perfect electric guitar for me... well almost... I just don't like the greenish tint of the pickguard, and I have been ruminating a lot whether I should return it to the shop.

But let's focus and enjoy the part of the sandwich that is not poop! :lol:

Thanks,
Sven

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:01 pm

@jur i was a beta tester previously but i lost my old email/registration detials so i rejoined, can you grandfather me in on the side? :D

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:37 pm

musikmachine wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:01 pm
@jur i was a beta tester previously but i lost my old email/registration detials so i rejoined, can you grandfather me in on the side? :D
Did you try Centercode's "forgot password"? Let's try this first and let me know.
Public beta testers are accepted in batches as you may know, and atm the doors are closed since quite some people rushed in, but I'll help you with this if you can't get it back with the usual procedure.
Ableton Forum Moderator