Live 11 is coming !!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Lovelights

Re: Live 11 is coming !!!

Post by Lovelights » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:50 pm

lovelight wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:50 pm
You got some nerve here ! i Bought Upgrades since Live 1 and up to Live 10 Suite, now you want me to pay 159 euro for live 11... REALLY? this will make me think of another DAW because this price is unfair for people who already bought the Ableton suite. Ive been doing a lot of work for
Push with vst integrations and done a group https://www.facebook.com/groups/AbletonPushVstRacks,
with close to 9000 members, this is not a friendly business model for people who had allready paid a lot of cash for Live and Push...Gone are the The Prenzlaur berg model, in are the Charlottenburg model. Good luck with that, especially in these mad times with Corona, where we need some kindness more than ever. So sorry Ableton, this is not good.

wongpongding

Post by wongpongding » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:09 pm

Angstrom wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:39 pm
I'm going to do what I always do : purchase my license to grumble at the earliest opportunity.

Sure, they should have added a few of these bits to L10.2. Sure they are shafting us a bit. But have you observed nothing? This is purgatory we exist in, not heaven. Things are meant to be 59% annoying/disappointing by nature of existing here. The only way out is to munch joyfully upon the parts of the sandwich that are not poop.

It will be fine. I'll pay the money and pretend I paid an electric bill. I'll get a spectral whatsit and a followy thingy. I'll get some new stuff to complain about. What could be better?
:mrgreen: haha brilliant. You've just about summed up some people's (including me) attitude to all this. Also funny are the jokers justifying the cost per month as if they are renting it. Bit odd that, ha

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:13 pm

Lovelights wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:50 pm
lovelight wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:50 pm
You got some nerve here ! i Bought Upgrades since Live 1 and up to Live 10 Suite, now you want me to pay 159 euro for live 11... REALLY? this will make me think of another DAW because this price is unfair for people who already bought the Ableton suite. Ive been doing a lot of work for
Push with vst integrations and done a group https://www.facebook.com/groups/AbletonPushVstRacks,
with close to 9000 members, this is not a friendly business model for people who had allready paid a lot of cash for Live and Push...Gone are the The Prenzlaur berg model, in are the Charlottenburg model. Good luck with that, especially in these mad times with Corona, where we need some kindness more than ever. So sorry Ableton, this is not good.
In 2018 I bought a new car X because it was the best car suited for my needs. For 3 years I used this car for all my car-related NEEDS and it has helped me realize all my projects. On top I had free maintenance, support and a team of designers and mechanics adding new parts to my car, making it more aerodynamic, fuel efficient, with better handling, more storage space (through some weird physics) and looking fiiine... all for free!

Now the company has decided to launch a new model of this car and stop free upgrades and designs on my current car. My current car is amazing and will work great to fulfill all my needs as is for the rest of my life, but I really WANT the new features of this new model. It is sooooo unfair that I have to pay for this new model... why can't I have it for free?! .... :roll: :roll:

I say long live all Live updates, free or not! Everyone is free to choose to stay with their amazing product or upgrade for some extras. It's a win either way really 8)

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Yeah not sure why people cry when a new version drops and it costs a little money. No one forces you to upgrade and if you need the features and another 2+ years support it’s worth the investment.

I hope, but am doubtful, that we will see improvements in the VST rack so we can label parameters and even create spaces in layouts for Push and pages with names would be nice. Been years since I used vsts with push because it’s so painful to navigate, it’s just a drum programmer these days.

Pre order done!

Oneiroi

Post by Oneiroi » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:30 pm

When should we expect to get the full list of all new features in Live 11? I'm guessing it will be here... : https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-11-beta/

I'm wondering with the MPE compatibility if Live now supports more than 1 MIDI port with External Instruments, as well as more than one MIDI Channel inside one track...

mxcreep

Post by mxcreep » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:52 pm

Good luck in finding a piece of software as awesome as this for under 159,00

There's many talented people at Ableton working their asses of to create such great software, in my opinion great work needs to be rewarded.

Hat's of to you guys at Ableton, especially the 20% off deal you're offering right now is almost a steal if I see the feature list.

Wish you guys all the best,

Werner

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:09 pm

[jur] wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:24 pm
Everyone was upset because it took 5 years (or more?) for Live10, but now this one was too quick. :?
Back in the early Live versions, the 1 (1/2) year turnaround was quite usual.

I get that it can be upsetting for some that this means spending cash once more. But please remember what huge free point updates we got with Live 9. Live 10.1 was quite big too...
Cry me a river. Dont listen to these childish cry babies. Im 47 and I am super hyped about this release! I fully trust that Ableton price Live at the level they need to. Running such an amount of employees and offices out of Germany is not cheep. Im happy Apple or Windows haven't bought Ableton to force it to only one platform, where from they could push the price down a lot. I like to use both platforms, and regularly work with others that do the same. Ive been with Live since version 4 got midi, taken me from bedroom to mainstage. Ableton is my life!

Congratulations to all your team! Unbelievably fast work!! Crazy cool new futures!! Haven't been this excited for a new full version in a long time. :)

Cheers!! Prost! Skål! :)

dbfs

Post by dbfs » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:49 pm

ze2be wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:09 pm
[jur] wrote:
Everyone was upset because it took 5 years (or more?) for Live10, but now this one was too quick. :?

I get that it can be upsetting for some that this means spending cash once more. But please remember what huge free point updates we got with Live 9. Live 10.1 was quite big too...
Cry me a river. Dont listen to these childish cry babies. Im 47 and I am super hyped about this release! I fully trust that Ableton price Live at the level they need to. Running such an amount of employees and offices out of Germany is not cheep. Im happy Apple or Windows haven't bought Ableton to force it to only one platform, where from they could push the price down a lot. I like to use both platforms, and regularly work with others that do the same. Ive been with Live since version 4 got midi, taken me from bedroom to mainstage. Ableton is my life!

Congratulations to all your team! Unbelievably fast work!! Crazy cool new futures!! Haven't been this excited for a new full version in a long time. :)

Honestly guy, you sound like you're 13. Listen to yourself.... You're on the internet calling other paying customers you don't even know cry babies because they happen to have their own opinion and voice it on the forums JUST LIKE YOU.... Guys like you are what make the internet so fucking lame sometimes, man... Seriously... you're god damn 47 for fucks sakes...

Buying the same software 10 times over is a valid issue that's growing out of hand in the world of software and more so in Audio software in recent times, so I completely understand this guys frustration and you should be compassionate to your fellow musicians my guy.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:58 pm

dbfs wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:49 pm
ze2be wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:09 pm
[jur] wrote:

Honestly guy, you sound like you're 13. Listen to yourself.... You're on the internet calling other paying customers you don't even know cry babies because they happen to have their own opinion and voice it on the forums JUST LIKE YOU.... Guys like you are what make the internet so fucking lame sometimes, man... Seriously... you're god damn 47 for fucks sakes...

Buying the same software 10 times over is a valid issue that's growing out of hand in the world of software and more so in Audio software in recent times, so I completely understand this guys frustration and you should be compassionate to your fellow musicians my guy.
Hahahaha!

Whatever man. Have a good day there! :)

Peace out!

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:02 am

That's fine dudes, please don't get angry at each others.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:41 am

I'm 50, so by the system we are apparently using I get to determine "what we should all think"

My edict is this : Take the noise of your thoughts and run it through a spectral delay, then through a fancy hybrid reverb with a bit of ensemble effect on it. Release it on SoundCloud and Bandcamp as MetaAmbient art noise. That's it. That's the point. So. Just get on with it.

Now stop hitting each other or you'll go to your rooms. - Dad.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:43 am

Angstrom wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:41 am
I'm 50, so by the system we are apparently using I get to determine "what we should all think"

My edict is this : Take the noise of the so called "crybabies" and run it through a spectral delay, then through a fancy hybrid reverb with a bit of ensemble effect on it. Release it on SoundCloud and Bandcamp as MetaAmbient art noise. That's it. That's the point. So. Just get on with it.

Now stop hitting each other or you'll go to your rooms. - Dad.
Are you kidding?? You definitely need a Vinyl Distortion before your Reverb!
Ableton Forum Moderator

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:49 am

There's not a whole lot there that I'll use, but it looks like a very nice update. I knew the MPE had to be coming, I wasn't so sure about comping. Appears they added a lot of stuff without any of it getting in the way.

pottering

Post by pottering » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:39 am

Great update, Live's future looks bright to me.

"Jump" Follow Action, looping Unwarped Clips, Scene Follow Actions.

Seems most my pet peeves are covered.

2 left: Ctrl+E to split MIDI notes (maybe it is there?), and the weak visibility of the triangle that marks Track Volume in Session View's Mixer (IMO it should be bigger and have its own color in the theme's color scheme, and they should add a context menu option to change the color easily, could be same color for all tracks, some people will want to custom per track, not me though).
♥♥♥

pottering

Post by pottering » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:19 am

BTW, Max 8 and Step by Step book got a sale too:

https://cycling74.com/shop
♥♥♥