Unfold Groups via MIDI - Launch Control XL

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mercury007

Unfold Groups via MIDI - Launch Control XL

Post by mercury007 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:26 am

I keep searching for this but can't find anything in the past few years.

On both my Push and my Akai APC40mk2, I can fold and unfold groups by either holding down the button for the group channel or hitting it twice.

On my Launch Control XL, there doesn't seem to be anyway to fold or unfold groups.

Is that possible?

malenko

Re: Unfold Groups via MIDI - Launch Control XL

Post by malenko » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:40 am

Not sure if this will work for your launch control but works on my Nucleus, you have to have focus in Live to the arrangement view so that when you select the group track it unfolds, doesn't work in session view. I have a button mapped on the Nucleus to the tab key so if I'm in session view, I tab to arrangement, select track to unfold and then tab back to session. If you have a dual monitor setup this also applies as one monitor will always be the 'focus' one.
Hope that helps

Greenapples2019

Post by Greenapples2019 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:17 am

You can do it on the LCXL using ClyphX Pro. Although it might not be worth getting ClyphX Pro just for this, it does open up loads of possibilities with custom modes on the LCXL e.g. assigning a row of knobs to control the macros on whichever device is selected (rather than having to midimap them to a particular device on a particular track).

Cheers

D

The Rabbits

Post by The Rabbits » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:39 am

Try mapping = for opening groups and - for closing them. Also works for opening and collapsing devices and racks in device view.

mercury007

Post by mercury007 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:27 pm

Thanks everyone, will try all of these!

Seems like I assumed that it would make sense to just build that functionality in as it is so useful, but I will work on hacks.