fire wire 4/10

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
vangroover

fire wire 4/10

Post by vangroover » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:22 pm

hello,
i have been trying to get the damn thing to work with my g4 powerbook and live with no luck since november of last year,, i keep getting the upgraded drivers and still i have serious drop outs and glitched recording it even goes as far to off set the left side from the right side when i listen to the playback. It also has serious latency problems.
does any one else have this problem ? has any one found a fix ? I am seriously pissed at the moment and feel ripped off hwo is to blame ?
help !
with that said i need a sound card that is good for using "live" in a live situation (meaning on stage) i would like to find one that is good for cueing and good for using a vocal mic running thru live .
cheers
Intel G4 Duo 2GHZ / 2G of Ram / OS 10.4.8 / UC-33 controller / Live 6.0.3

genshi

Post by genshi » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:33 pm

The problem is most likely the version of the OS that you are using (Mac OS 10.3.?) You should update to version 10.3.8 or 10.3.9 if you are on Panther. Anything below 10.3.6 on Panther was bad and definitely didn't work well with the FireWire 410 (or many other FireWire devices.)

Also, what version of Live are you running? I hope not 4.0 as your sig suggestions!

Most of my friends and I use either the FW 410 or the FW Audiophile; in my case, I'm on Mac OS 10.3.9 with the FireWire 410 on an old 667MHz Powerbook and I have NO dropouts or glitches using Live 5.0.1 or Live 4.1.4.

Hope this helps.