A tool to lift audio demo files?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mrdelurk

A tool to lift audio demo files?

Post by mrdelurk » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:20 pm

Is there any tool that will let me save audio preview files from various sample vendors? Before it was easy to "Save As" the demo mp3, now it's all custom audio players that conceal the demo file's URL.

I need this to check how the product sounds at 175bpm, my working tempo. Just because a banger sounds great at its native 128bpm, there is absolutely no telling how it will sound at 175bpm until I check this in Ableton. It could be anything from awesome to horrendous. Unfortunately no sample vendor offers bpm control on their product demo players.

Fanu

Re: A tool to lift audio demo files?

Post by Fanu » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:04 am

On Mac, Audio Hijack lets you record any source.

mrdelurk

Re: A tool to lift audio demo files?

Post by mrdelurk » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:30 am

Thank you, Fanu. I'm on PC, so I checked if there is a PC version. Audio Hijack is not available for Windows but there are some alternatives that run on Windows with similar functionality. The most popular Windows alternative seems to be VB-Audio VoiceMeeter, which is free. I'm just downloading it.

VoiceMeeter creates a virtual audio device on Windows. It will be interesting to see how that'll get along with Sonarworks' Reference calibration app which also does.