Problem when using Bias FX2 Elite and Abelton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TroyR

Problem when using Bias FX2 Elite and Abelton

Post by TroyR » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:26 pm

When I use Bias fx 2 elite as a vst and record a track to a set , when I save then i get a pop up saying "C\Users\name\Live10.130\Preferences\Undo\cannot be deleted. After I hit ok then I get a pop up saying
Failed to access the Undo history file. Switching to memory-based undo. Live will not be able to recover Sets after crashes anymore. after I shutdown and start over the track and set are there saved. When I reopen Abelton then I get a message saying Abelton shut down unexpectedly and would I like to resume. I hit yes and then it opens what I was working on and I am able to save it without any problems.
This only happens when I try to use Bias Fx 2 vst.
I have contacted support but so far their suggestions havent fixed the problem. I deleted the preferences and undo file. I also tried vst3 but still same problem. I contacted Positive Grid but I havent heard back yet.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FakeCrusader

Re: Problem when using Bias FX2 Elite and Abelton

Post by FakeCrusader » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:04 pm

Support from PG? Good luck with that!

I've just encountered the same problem. I think the problem was due to Bias FX tying up all the resources and crashing Live. I find it totally unusable.

Watch the CPU meter, it is probably going crazy for no real reason, won't be long before Live fails to work properly.

_AAwad

Post by _AAwad » Fri May 14, 2021 11:23 pm

I have the exact same issue with BIAS FX 2 here, hoping to find a solution soon~ I tried doing the exact same thing with the preferences and undo shenanigans but to no avail. However, looking into the Ableton Log I noticed that every other plug-in that I have that gets "restored" is successful, and only crashes when it tries to restore BIAS FX 2.

I'm still very lost though, I might try to do some digging into this

mjhogan165

Post by mjhogan165 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:41 pm

This is still an issue with positive grid, two years later

dinoglava

Post by dinoglava » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:20 pm

I contacted Positive Grid's support, they told me it's an issue on Ableton Live's end. Ableton's support tells me that it's still not fixed and that the workaround is to kill the BIAS FX2 processes, but that is incredibly annoying and takes more time than just restarting Ableton Live.

I think it's more Positive Grid's fault for having a horrible UI (takes so long to load, since it's apparently displaying in a web browser). But I am also disappointed in Ableton for not finding a way to fix it, even if it means forcefully closing those windows themselves on their end. As the VST host, surely they have the privilege to do that.