Live 2.0 rewired into Cubase SX issue

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
djken

Live 2.0 rewired into Cubase SX issue

Post by djken » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:08 pm

Ok, I just bought Live 2.0 and I am running it Rewired into Cubase SX. I have a Twin PIII 733, 1 Gig of Ram, 160 Gig firewire HD, Soundblaster Live w/kx drivers. Yes, I know the soundcard isn't a Pro Audio card. I'm saving up for a MAudio 1010. Live is awesome as standalone with low latency and Cubase runs fine also with low latency. When I start Cubase first, open Rewire and then start Live, I can hear Live just fine but can't figure out how to record it onto a track. I've looked in both the Cubase Manual and also the Live Manual and also on Propellerheads website. How do i record my Live tracks into Cubase? What are the settings in Live for the outs and also the settings in Cubase. I'm a newbie when it comes to computer sequencing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old DJ's never die, they just require a bit of pitch adjustment!

Rx

Post by Rx » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:46 pm

You should be able to File->Export->Audio Mixdown. Select the 'To Track' option. You should mute any channel you don't want to be exported, and use the loop markers to decided what section of your track to export.

What I usually do is enable multiple inputs from Live and then use output channels in Live to a different output bus. This way, I can solo a channel in Cubase and export just that.
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:17 pm

i use cubase vst 5.1 r1 on my AMD2400+ with live as a rewire slave - everything works hunkydory (cant push the combo over 30% even with 6 FM7s going!) EXCEPT when i render wave in cubase, the live part doesnt render properly (skips big chunks of it :()

edit: so i have to record onto minidisc ! ! !