frutyloops (just fame or what?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
isidoreducasse

frutyloops (just fame or what?)

Post by isidoreducasse » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:37 pm

hi ...any know good music hat you know that was done whit this tool?

or whit reason?...

is just that i ear a lot of people talking of this 2 ...

whit logic or cubase i know there´s a lot of bands using...and thats logical ..cus they got have somekind of a squencer in their studios to record.. being or not being electronic music....

but whit this other kind of tools( fruty ..reason..and even live).. maybe the options and the results are diferent....

so any known artits whit this ones...?... i wonder what ...for exanple massive attack use in their sound?... do have ear their last album ( the new one)... ? is good , isn´t it?

Michael

Post by Michael » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:30 pm

the last akufen album was made with fruity loops
michael
ableton

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:53 am

Alexander Kowalski and Dennis DeSantis made an album with reason which is called "reasons".

Mark Henning

Post by Mark Henning » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:30 pm

jeff bennett the techhouse producer also uses it.....

also a great techno producer from Sweden called The Miller (check him out at our site www.clevermusic.net)....

I also use it...

"what you put in is what you get out" with fruityloops...... its as pro as anything else....

jory

Post by jory » Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:06 am

I hear a lot of Reason sounds popping up in tracks recently. Mostly the tracks use Reason as an input source into another Audio Sequencer application. Entire tracks CAN be produced in Reason, but most people find the effects and lack of audio-in limiting.

I'm seeing a lot of live perfomances with Live and/or Reason in my areas Electronic Scene....

I personally find that with the combination of Live and Reason (using live as a rewire host) and a little talent, you can get pretty far.

Hackescher Markt

Re: frutyloops (just fame or what?)

Post by Hackescher Markt » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:48 pm

Fruity is esayer to handle, and you can use all vsti dx.. plugins. :D

Noise//Tone\\Pause

Post by Noise//Tone\\Pause » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:11 pm

I know this isn't terribly constructive, but I'll warn you: I didn't think I was an audiophile, or that I could the difference between an almost good sound and the perfect one. Until I heard Reason. After having played with it for a while, both the demo and an almost legal copy (I've deleted it. You can't prove anything... harharhar...), I've concluded this:

It sounds disgusting. Like plastic. You cannot squeeze anything even remotely fat out of Reason; the reverb sounds like the inside of a sillicon chip and nothing like an actual room; the sampler/redrum drum computer will take your best samples and make them sound as second rate as the supplied sounds.

OK, OK, the strings in the Orkester bank are alright, but for drums, bass and pad sounds - don't even go there. And this has nothing to do with my hardware - Reaktor is nearly as sweet as hardware...

Unless, of course, you disagree with me. Don't take my word for an answer, check it out for yourself.

/Niklas

burgessa23

Post by burgessa23 » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:43 pm

I would agree.
I've used reason in the past, and the only good use for it I found was putting a bunch of short, weird samples into redrum and randomizing it to make some background noise in glitch tracks

BUT....

it is a fantastic learning tool for the beginning electronic musician, and a good intro to synthesis basics

now I just use Reaktor,Live & Digital Performer (mac only)

Credo not loged in

Post by Credo not loged in » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:22 pm

Ive used Fruty for a few years, but I think its very hard to understand. The good part though is the ability to run VSTi's and DXi's.

I got stuck with Live in about 2,5-5 minutes!

Its a good thing FL as no rewire because then I would be tempted to continue struggling with it.

C

Andrew K

Post by Andrew K » Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:22 am

I've made some pretty huge sounds come out of the maelstrom unit in Reason and I love the Dr.Rex player. But Yeah... an Access Virus or Nord Lead will sound bigger/fatter.

Andrew K

Andrew K

Post by Andrew K » Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:23 am

I've made some pretty huge sounds come out of the maelstrom unit in Reason and I love the Dr.Rex player. But Yeah... an Access Virus or Nord Lead will sound bigger/fatter.

Andrew K

chris_borgia

Post by chris_borgia » Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:27 am

fruity is cool! i like it, use it once in a while and always shocked at how fun it is to work with (as opposed to some apps that drain me till I want to leave my studio!.. live is defiantly a fun one)

as you can see by the posts above about the ”sound” of reason, everyone has their opinion and reasons most talked about downside is its sound quality- no one slanders it for its value. It is an awesome tool and one I also use a lot. I will not say that reasons sound is bad, its just a certain type of sound. I find that fruity does not place any character on the sound quality-that is to say it just plays the audio as its suppose to and there for sounds as it is suppose to. Why does reason sound the way it does: look what you can run while still keeping your cpu under 10%!!!! That is why.. it is heavily optimized for performance, looks and value.. not sound. Anyway.. fruity is cool and I recommend it- Reaktor kicks ass in sound quality, the virus sound is unmistakable gorgeous and live, well live is just a gift to use all!

chris_borgia

orion

Post by guest » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:26 am

IF you want phatness you cn't go past orion, i only wish could rewire to live like rebirth/reason.

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:29 am

Orion Platinum can rewire if I'm not mistaken . Orion (have the Pro version) is a good studio tool, but isn't known for its stability ... use it to make custom clips, resample etc ... wouldn't use it live ...
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de