colored guideline track possible?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TauTau

colored guideline track possible?

Post by TauTau » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi,

we currently use Reaper for live gigs, and since we are all old and forget stuff, we have a track at the top, that consists of empty items that are colored. In ableton Live I though about using the click track for this (since I couldn't find a way to create empty items), but only the small top has brilliant colors, the part containing the waveform (which is the only that resizes big enough to be usable) has bright colors. Is there a way to make that less muted, or maybe another idea to accomplish this?
Edit: what I forgot, the items also have labels like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkzmmkfyiay4n ... r.JPG?dl=0

Greenapples2019

Re: colored guideline track possible?

Post by Greenapples2019 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:40 pm

You could do something similar by having a blank Track 1 in Arrangement view (no input/output, no instrument) and then put different colour clips on the timeline. I don't think you can change the size of the words but you can make the track as big as you want so you'd see the colours across the stage?

Cheers
D

pottering

Re: colored guideline track possible?

Post by pottering » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:12 pm

Maybe using colorful emojis in Locators (or Clip names). I use dark themes, the emojis really stand out. You can even devise systems, like apple emoji mark a chorus, 2 apple emojis is the 2nd chorus, 2 the 3rd chorus, etc..
♥♥♥