The volume is different before and after export

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
UDDO

The volume is different before and after export

Post by UDDO » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:48 am

I'm working on a group track nowadays.

However, when working with group tracks, even if the master volume is set to no more than 0db, when all individual tracks are exported and collected, a peak occurs up to 3db over 0db. To find out the cause, I picked one track in the group tracks and resampled it with a solo cue, and there was a volume difference of 1-2db.

So, when I pull out only the master track, there is nothing wrong, but when I export all individual tracks and collect them, volume difference occurs.

Why is this happening?

Of course, the option to include return and master effects was turned on and to prevent duplication, group tracks were deleted when I uploaded individual audio tracks to the project.

Runenlyd

Re: The volume is different before and after export

Post by Runenlyd » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:53 am

Hi UDDO

I'm facing the same issues here.
Did you find a solution ? Thanks a lot

I'm getting nuts trying to do a very simple thing : I just want to export tracks/groups and export them back in a session, but when put exported files back in Ableton, volume is really different, lower. I disable everything except return tracks because I want them, but no normalize, nothing, and it doesn't work. It make me mad.

Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks in advance.

[mod edit ]I pasted here the content of your other thread to avoid duplicates, thx.[mod]