UC-33/UC-33E

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stuffe

UC-33/UC-33E

Post by stuffe » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:11 am

Hi all,

Searched through the archives and had a look round the Evolution site, and I'm very confused about this control surface.

Are there 2 models? If so, is the "E" model an update to the original? If so, what's the difference?

I'm looking to get one off Ebay (Skint after buying Live and Reason in last month), and they mostly seem to be listed as a UC-33 without the "E". I don't want to get an old version (if such a thing exists) if it's not as good as the updated one.

Cheers all,

dAn

Mididreamer

Re: UC-33/UC-33E

Post by Mididreamer » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:23 am

stuffe wrote:Hi all,

Searched through the archives and had a look round the Evolution site, and I'm very confused about this control surface.

Are there 2 models? If so, is the "E" model an update to the original? If so, what's the difference?

I'm looking to get one off Ebay (Skint after buying Live and Reason in last month), and they mostly seem to be listed as a UC-33 without the "E". I don't want to get an old version (if such a thing exists) if it's not as good as the updated one.

Cheers all,

dAn

Try this link: http://www.evolution.co.uk/support/uc33eupgrade.htm? :wink:
Live Sonar Cubase Project 5v2 Record/Reason FL Zero SL Oxygen8V2 NT1-A Rode Sennheiser HD590 FW-1884 System Q9550 8 GB 1066 Windows 7
Musictitbits http://www.mididreamer.com/documents/discography.html

anonymouse

Post by anonymouse » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:23 am

the E is better, try to find one instead

glenclayton

Post by glenclayton » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am

Errm- perhaps search the net or the Evolution web site might give you the answer?

To save time:
http://www.evolution.co.uk/support/uc33eupgrade.htm

I have a UC33 and it works fine with Live. The memory dump function is much use if you you the Midi Learn stuff in live. The controller mute might help you and the Device ID if you have more than one UC33(e).

As you can see you can also buy the upgrade if you need it.
Athlon XP 64 3200+
Win XP Home
Firewire Audiophile /
Dell Sonoma 1.83GHz

stuffe

Post by stuffe » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:40 am

Cheers all, as I mentioned I had tried the sites, but clearly your searching skills are superior to mine, so much browny points to you.

Looks like I'll try for a 33, and maybe upgrade if I feel I need to.

robin

Post by robin » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:28 am

i have a uc33. the only drawback (as far as i'm concerned) is that you can't use the Enigma software to configure the device. i don't use the controller mute function

if you can get a cheap uc33 then, do so (it's what i did). imo

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:43 pm

i have a uc33. the only drawback (as far as i'm concerned) is that you can't use the Enigma software to configure the device.
Enigma is the only real difference. In fact, I think that's what the "e" stands for.

Mididreamer

Post by Mididreamer » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:05 pm

Differences between the UC33 and UC33e

The master volume fader is now F9, not F33. Note – The presets in the UC33e's ROM have been corrected to allow for this change. Therefore your overlays are still valid!
There is a different function panel to cater for the extra functions. You can download a template of the UC33e's function panel here. This template is actual size, and will fit over the function buttons of your UC33. Make sure you do not have the 'Fit to page' option ticked when printing.
You will see the value the controller is sending out is displayed on the LCD as you turn it.
Your controller is now supported by Enigma. Enigma is free to all registered M-Audio users. Please go to the Enigma download page to register your UC33 and download your free Enigma application.
Explanation of the extra features

Controller Mute – This enables you to re-position a controller on the UC33e without sending out any MIDI signals. This is useful if you want to calibrate a controller to the position of a virtual dial on software. You can use the LCD display on the UC33e to move the controller to a suitable position to avoid a parameter jump. Controller Mute is engaged by pressing the buttons. To disengage, either press controller Mute again, or press one of the assignable buttons (which are unaffected by the MUTE function).

Memory Dump – This allows you to send a Sys Ex message that describes the contents of your memory to your sequencer. To re-program the memory of the UC33e, play the Sys Ex message back to the MIDI input of your UC33e. The Enigma software application can be used to program the memory of the UC33e using software.

Device ID – may be required if you ever want to use more than one Evolution device at the same time. The device ID is used to specify which device the memory dump is intended for. The default setting is 127 which means a memory dump will be recognized by all compatible Evolution devices. We recommend you keep the device ID at 127.

For more detail on the extra features of the UC33e, we recommend you review the UC33e Advanced User Guide from the Manuals page and the Products Comparison document.
Live Sonar Cubase Project 5v2 Record/Reason FL Zero SL Oxygen8V2 NT1-A Rode Sennheiser HD590 FW-1884 System Q9550 8 GB 1066 Windows 7
Musictitbits http://www.mididreamer.com/documents/discography.html

galo

Post by galo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:15 pm

are there are any services/sites that allow you to design your own overlay and then just print it out on card or whatever?