Using sustain pedal to trigger session record/loop playback

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Jrh3

Using sustain pedal to trigger session record/loop playback

Post by Jrh3 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:21 am

Hello,

I've been creating music for over 20 years and have adapted and evolved naturally with current tech more often than not. I just purchased a Launchkey49 Mk3 and it came with Live lite, so this is my first experience with Ableton. I have Custom mapped my sustain pedal as a trigger for session record. It worked flawlessly for the first day (I could tap the pedal once to trigger record and then tap a second time to end record/play loop) however, when I came back to my equipment the next day the sustain pedal is still mapped to session record, but I now have to HOLD the pedal down the entire time for it to record and the second that I let go it ends recording. I've been trying to figure out how to get back to the one tap for record and second tap to playback for a few days and I'm either a moron, or this issue isn't something that's talked about, or experienced often? Anyway, any help figuring this issue out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!