question about the mackie big knob

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
jared808

question about the mackie big knob

Post by jared808 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:31 am

I have a mackie big knob studio, it's good. sounds good. hooked up as my interface, ableton reads it and all that stuff. I have a zoom q8 that I like to run my audio into for quick recordings. it was working for a while with my 212, then I tried it with my mackie and the q8 has a level reading on the screen, it even plays back the recording on the camera, then when I transfer the file to my phone it is just video and no audio? then I just tried it with my 212 again and it had the same issue, any solutions for what output I should run the mackie into the q8? any other gear you could suggest (not expensive) that I could run from the mackie to record for quick transfer to my android phone? strange I know but I like recording loops and ideas then using my phone effects app to put effects on it and then put it on my youtube channel. thanks in advance and thanks for no condescending replies in advance, lol :wink: