Where is the Live 11?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
jynx3d
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:46 am

Where is the Live 11?

Post by jynx3d » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:56 am

I don't see any live 11 license at my account
Akai MPK Mini Mk.1
Akai MPK Mini Mk. 3
Arturia Beatstep

Ableton Live 10 Intro

biestyboy
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Troon, Scotland

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by biestyboy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:59 am

Me neither. Did you pre-order? My guess is that it takes time to go through all the pre-orders, authorising the credit card payment and so on. I'm sure it'll be there in a day or two.
Live 11 Suite (64 bit)
Windows 10 (64 bit)
Plugins galore
Push

[jur]
Site Admin
Posts: 2600
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:04 pm
Location: Ableton

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by [jur] » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 am

Yeah, be patient, there's quite a lot of data to be processed atm as you can imagine.
thx
Ableton Forum Moderator

Piplodocus
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by Piplodocus » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:47 pm

I presume it'll be done at some point today?

My computer has been going slow recently with Live 10 and has had a load of crap on it for a long time. So finally got a fresh OS install on a new drive yesterday. Currently it's empty except audio drivers, so figured I may as well go straight for Live 11. My drummer is coming tomorrow to do some recording. Will 11 work? Will my laptop now run better than it has recently? Will I be able to find all my samples and plugins? Will I be able to access all the old songs in a previous user account on a different drive? Exciting levels of mild peril. :lol:

EDIT: Still not here and it's almost home time. Might have to go install 10 then (and I thought system OS wipe/re-install/Live 11 release/tomorrow's recording session had all lined up so nice)... :roll:

EDIT 2: Email has arrived! Just in time! :D
Last edited by Piplodocus on Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BermoMusic
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:30 pm

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by BermoMusic » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:55 pm

Maybe it will drop at 2021

That is 21 minutes past 20:00hrs (Berlin Time) :lol:

jynx3d
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by jynx3d » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:35 pm

BermoMusic wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:55 pm
Maybe it will drop at 2021

That is 21 minutes past 20:00hrs (Berlin Time) :lol:
Here GMT +7 anyway I really wany to use Live 11 so bad... xD
Akai MPK Mini Mk.1
Akai MPK Mini Mk. 3
Arturia Beatstep

Ableton Live 10 Intro

jynx3d
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by jynx3d » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:36 pm

[jur] wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 am
Yeah, be patient, there's quite a lot of data to be processed atm as you can imagine.
thx
Pardon me, I guess I'm too hyped xd
Akai MPK Mini Mk.1
Akai MPK Mini Mk. 3
Arturia Beatstep

Ableton Live 10 Intro

AbletonMASCHINE
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:27 am

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by AbletonMASCHINE » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:43 pm

Everything up and running. There were lots of downloads and updates after the initial upgrade to Live 11... :wink:

Andrew Hill
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by Andrew Hill » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Torn on whether to install side by side or replace with 11.

Had grand ideas about slimming things down a bit with Packs and un-used plugins etc but I guess a replacement install will find the Packs and all my settings (which I may want I guess)

Have compromised by un-installing some freebie that was annoying me from Plugin Boutique.

Have to admit I'm finding Live 10 sluggish recently but this could be down to my 3-4 year old laptop...

Think I'll just replace with Live 11...

hirnflug_
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by hirnflug_ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:56 pm

I received the pre-order payment email. Unfortunately, during payment via PayPal an error occured - maybe due to busy servers?! Did anybody else experience this?

Andrew Hill
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by Andrew Hill » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:58 pm

Andrew Hill wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:31 pm
Torn on whether to install side by side or replace with 11.

Had grand ideas about slimming things down a bit with Packs and un-used plugins etc but I guess a replacement install will find the Packs and all my settings (which I may want I guess)

Have compromised by un-installing some freebie that was annoying me from Plugin Boutique.

Have to admit I'm finding Live 10 sluggish recently but this could be down to my 3-4 year old laptop...

Think I'll just replace with Live 11...
There was no replace option, so its a new side by side install.

Artcutech
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:56 pm

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by Artcutech » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:10 pm

Other than the new additions and features, do any of the existing features or all around cpu load of how things run get improved form live 10 to 11?

jynx3d
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by jynx3d » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:20 pm

Come on gimme the license xd, I wouldn't try the trial xd
Akai MPK Mini Mk.1
Akai MPK Mini Mk. 3
Arturia Beatstep

Ableton Live 10 Intro

jestermgee
Posts: 4128
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by jestermgee » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:56 pm

Mine was instant. Unless there is something that needs to be sorted out with the payment, card could have placed a hold on the transaction. The license and invoice should have been generated automatically after checkout.

jynx3d
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Where is the Live 11?

Post by jynx3d » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:09 pm

jestermgee wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:56 pm
Mine was instant. Unless there is something that needs to be sorted out with the payment, card could have placed a hold on the transaction. The license and invoice should have been generated automatically after checkout.
Wait, instant? how? If I own live 10 intro, could I get it too?
Akai MPK Mini Mk.1
Akai MPK Mini Mk. 3
Arturia Beatstep

Ableton Live 10 Intro

Post Reply