Major Problems With Live 11

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dandy Dust

Re: Major Problems With Live 11

Post by Dandy Dust » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:54 pm

https://medium.com/the-electronic-music ... 4aa6238b07

HE WRITES - "I ended up going on tech forums and after a lot of reading found the solution. I had to download this file that Abelton had failed to include in their software!"

B U T
WHERE IS THAT FILE TO DOWNLOAD MENTIONED IN THIS ARTICLE - it does not name the file nor can I see a link,
what is he talking about...

buy the way, I spent my time just like this in the past weeks and I cannot write to ableton support because the link takes me autmatically
to troubleshooting!!!! - I fed up... alltghough Ableton Live is improving since I tropped the Template and deleted live 10 (which was also instable after updating to win10 and installing live11)... but it is still unstable and I dont have
any trust in order to produce anything...

TNX for Your efforts people! Dandy
Search great DAW?
- BUY ABLETON LIVE 10 SUITE today!
It will be worth every cent. Dandy

slow.robot

Post by slow.robot » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:14 pm

not sure why it would have taken so much searching. I came across the same issue when I upgraded, and if you type the error into google, you get a bunch of information on how to fix it. one search is all it should take (granted, Ableton should have had this taken care of in the first place, so ZERO searches are necessary, but I digress).

the fix is to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145

I think the whole download and installation for that took less than a couple of minutes, and then everything was up and running. I can’t recall if I had to reboot first, but I don’t think I did—don’t hold me to that.

Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 pm

Spend the time since I wrote the question above with restting Live 11.02 as discribed in the troubleshooting (since I cannot make a request) and guess
what!? - Ableton live crashed when rescanning the VSTs... that´s how it is going for a month now...
Search great DAW?

Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:33 pm

slow.robot wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:14 pm
not sure why it would have taken so much searching. I came across the same issue when I upgraded, and if you type the error into google, you get a bunch of information on how to fix it. one search is all it should take (granted, Ableton should have had this taken care of in the first place, so ZERO searches are necessary, but I digress).

I think the whole download and installation for that took less than a couple of minutes, and then everything was up and running. I can’t recall if I had to reboot first, but I don’t think I did—don’t hold me to that.
Thank you, that never crossed my research... I downloaded it, but my system says annother version of it is allready installed... it won´t install... Thank You anyways...
Search great DAW?

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:34 pm

Ensure you have the latest versions of your plugins.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:36 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:34 pm
Ensure you have the latest versions of your plugins.
Tnx, I am working on that as well... would be nice if I could contact ableton... sent them about 15 crash reports...wonder what they say...
Search great DAW?

slow.robot

Post by slow.robot » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:43 pm

Dandy Dust wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:33 pm
slow.robot wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:14 pm

Thank you, that never crossed my research... I downloaded it, but my system says annother version of it is allready installed... it won´t install... Thank You anyways...
you might try uninstalling MS Visual C++ 2015, and reinstalling that.

papawise

Post by papawise » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:22 pm

thanks for your blog post mate, but that doesn't solve the issues in my case. I have the same power as you with your new desktop PC but the overload and crashes issue still presist.

I wonder if Ableton is taking account of all this to make the 11.0.5 beta available fast.
We need a definitive version solving this waterfall of complaints.

Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:27 pm

papawise wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:22 pm
thanks for your blog post mate, but that doesn't solve the issues in my case. I have the same power as you with your new desktop PC but the overload and crashes issue still presist.

I wonder if Ableton is taking account of all this to make the 11.0.5 beta available fast.
We need a definitive version solving this waterfall of complaints.
11.02 exists allready...
Search great DAW?

jonbenderr

Post by jonbenderr » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 am

Just wanted to share/bump this again for the sudden cpu overload/spike people. May have been missed in the fray of dude promoting his blog.

I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but it might...and it's worth a shot at least.
jonbenderr wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:52 am
Was having some cpu issues and other nonsense as well. Oddly enough, this cleared up my issues (even on a desktop PC).

https://apteryx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Suspension

I went from crackly clipping and cpu spikes shutting ableton audio down completely to barely cracking 10% CPU.

I run an old i5 4670k processor on 8gb of RAM. Windows 10.

Also have an oddball audio interface (Expert Sleepers ES-9).

Running multiple tracks in from a modular rig, vocals, guitar and a minilogue. I've also been known to abuse reverb and use independent instances on each track.

Might be worth looking into for those having trouble.

papawise

Post by papawise » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:07 pm

jonbenderr wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 am
Just wanted to share/bump this again for the sudden cpu overload/spike people. May have been missed in the fray of dude promoting his blog.

I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but it might...and it's worth a shot at least.
jonbenderr wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:52 am
Was having some cpu issues and other nonsense as well. Oddly enough, this cleared up my issues (even on a desktop PC).

https://apteryx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Suspension

I went from crackly clipping and cpu spikes shutting ableton audio down completely to barely cracking 10% CPU.

I run an old i5 4670k processor on 8gb of RAM. Windows 10.

Also have an oddball audio interface (Expert Sleepers ES-9).

Running multiple tracks in from a modular rig, vocals, guitar and a minilogue. I've also been known to abuse reverb and use independent instances on each track.

Might be worth looking into for those having trouble.

Didn't solve it. It's an issue experienced by many, so, far of trying to find alternative reasons, is obvious that Ableton needs to addres it.
Had to migrate to Live10 again. Frustraded by now, not only by the CPU hog, but also crashes from nowhere. The software sometimes closes itself even without a message, that's totally annoying.

Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:09 pm

I am getting closer to perfection:

It may look like there is something wrong with Ableton Live ... BUT it´s once again "only" the long VST plugins - List that causes trouble,

at least in my case... For me the process of trial an error has startet... I cannot work with captain plugins and eastwest darkside also makes

Live 11 crash... SO? - I am still exploring to regain my complicated Template... but I already can feel how Ableton Live 11 just works normal

... I dont understand why Ableton Live 11 does not just say... this or annother VST plugin dont work ... please dropp it ...

never the less... I´m getting there, after a desperate month and I should have thought about excluding VST much earlier...
Search great DAW?

oratowsky

Post by oratowsky » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:29 pm

for me, every plugin I have is crashing Live 11 at some point or another.

I look at the crash logs and it could be any plugin I own that causes a hung thread.

I sent these all to Ableton and they say they can't do anything and I should contact the manufacturer.

I pointed out to them that clearly not ALL of my plugins stopped working at the same time, and I didn't have these issues with 10, and continue to use all these 3rd party plugins in Logic and Premiere.

They replied "the data is clear" and that it's not a problem with Live.

So it's really frustrating, clearly Live 11 has a bunch of bugs. Did anyone else have hung threads from plugins, what did you do to troubleshoot?

I've reinstalled Live 11, tried in different user account. thanks

Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 pm

You know what - it´s the same here... sometimes it gets over the VST-Scanning... then it gets stuck again... then it´s stuck unless I start ableton wit ALTGR... ok i´ßm in there... fiddling with the vst-folder... not much to do... remove many of the VST-s try to restart... scan... scann... scannnn... scannnnn... sometimes I can see which VST are currently scanned... sometimes it does not... I have removed most of my plugins the i dont "Thrust"... well to work with "THIS"... it´s a logn gramp... it´s not producing music... it´s not "all clear" ... I am not able to contact Ableton since the linke leads me to walkthroughs instead of SUPPORT... somehow they blocked my account to address the support... I am fed up.
Search great DAW?

Evictor

Post by Evictor » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:52 am

Dandy Dust wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:38 pm
I dont want to spam Ableton´s selling effort on their new product: My problems so far: Pops and crackles for softwaresynth Omnisphere, which has been working just fine on live 10. Popls and crackles from the adat, that was just working fine on live 10... the eastwest famous vst 2 plugin DARK is not reconcnised, Ableton lIve 11 says it "is not compatible" with Live, it just worked finde with Live 10. I dont know what actually is going on... OH, I forgot to say: I habe live 11 CRASHING EACH TIME when quitting the programm... I have not produced a minute of music in the past month, just trying to get on top of all of this.
I don't get it. My i7 is WAY less powerful. No issues of running something like 8 instances of Serum with full FX processing L11.

I do use 2 audio interfaces and the first thing I installed right before Ableton was ASIO. I find almost all of your issues come from not having ASIO installed.

My only gripe is having to re-find my user library if I run L11 and forget to plug in my portable HD first. L10 did this automatically.

Also the only VST's I use is lfotool and Serum if Wavetable can't hack it. Your situation is exactly why I learned sound design instead of learning presets on a VST.