Major Problems With Live 11

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Evictor

Re: Major Problems With Live 11

Post by Evictor » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:58 am

Dandy Dust wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 pm
You know what - it´s the same here... sometimes it gets over the VST-Scanning... then it gets stuck again... then it´s stuck unless I start ableton wit ALTGR... ok i´ßm in there... fiddling with the vst-folder... not much to do... remove many of the VST-s try to restart... scan... scann... scannnn... scannnnn... sometimes I can see which VST are currently scanned... sometimes it does not... I have removed most of my plugins the i dont "Thrust"... well to work with "THIS"... it´s a logn gramp... it´s not producing music... it´s not "all clear" ... I am not able to contact Ableton since the linke leads me to walkthroughs instead of SUPPORT... somehow they blocked my account to address the support... I am fed up.
This is very strange. I contacted them about getting overcharged and not being offered the initial L11 discount. They got back to me in the same day. Very friendly and polite.

They banned you? I don't even wanna know the pejoratives that you said to earn that. lol

agent314

Post by agent314 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:26 am

As a side note I don't understand the access to Audio and Midi Effects now in section folders. Meaning clicking twice instead of one, not seeing them all at once (folders close when you open another one), not to mention having to get used to it. Changing things for a better yes, but changing just for changing ... Is there a reason why they did that ?
You can turn it off by right clicking in the list of Audio Effects and unchecking "Group in Folder".

I had this same experience and hated it - great in theory, more organized, etc. but violates the "don't make me think" rule of good design.

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:35 am

Thanks for the tip. I just can’t get used to it. Makes me lose a lot of time.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

slow.robot

Post by slow.robot » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:13 am

agent314 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:26 am
As a side note I don't understand the access to Audio and Midi Effects now in section folders. Meaning clicking twice instead of one, not seeing them all at once (folders close when you open another one), not to mention having to get used to it. Changing things for a better yes, but changing just for changing ... Is there a reason why they did that ?
You can turn it off by right clicking in the list of Audio Effects and unchecking "Group in Folder".

I had this same experience and hated it - great in theory, more organized, etc. but violates the "don't make me think" rule of good design.
is this in reference to the browser? I'm new to Live, but having the device as a folder, and the presets inside makes sense to me. then again, I rarely use presets, so having to see them all, every time would be a nightmare for me.

Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:17 pm

It got nothing to do with the cpu, at least in my case... it just cant´t handle the VST - that have been woriking on live 10, and it get´s stuck at a certain point and then the whole VST and template configuration is messed somehow... I can reset everything, remove all template settings, remove the VSt folders and well.. there it goes... I start with the VSTs one by one, build up channels external gear and vst gear... and at a certain complexity it´s all ruined again... whatever I do, since a month every second evening for an hour or three... no production so far. AND - I cannaot commit a notification to ableton support - I am beeing redirected to FAQ instead to the support imput... that´s why I keep trying to get help in the forums and groups....
Search great DAW?
- BUY ABLETON LIVE 10 SUITE today!
It will be worth every cent. Dandy

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:22 pm

slow.robot wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:13 am

is this in reference to the browser? I'm new to Live, but having the device as a folder, and the presets inside makes sense to me. then again, I rarely use presets, so having to see them all, every time would be a nightmare for me.
It's still that way in Live 11 too. But they changed the fact that similar effects devices are grouped into folders by type by default, so things like the compressor, multi and dynamics, glue etc would be placed in a folder called dynamics. For some people (like me) this slowed things down versus just grabbing the effects you want from a single list so they gave us the option of removing those folder groupings.

The actual device presets are still located in the device folder like before.
Ableton Forum Administrator

slow.robot

Post by slow.robot » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:31 pm

[erm] wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:22 pm
slow.robot wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:13 am

It's still that way in Live 11 too. But they changed the fact that similar effects devices are grouped into folders by type by default, so things like the compressor, multi and dynamics, glue etc would be placed in a folder called dynamics. For some people (like me) this slowed things down versus just grabbing the effects you want from a single list so they gave us the option of removing those folder groupings.

The actual device presets are still located in the device folder like before.
ahh, I see—I definitely would like the option to remove those groupings as you say. I want to say it felt like something changed when 11 came out, but it didn’t really stand out to me, since I only had 10 for like a week before that.

tomcaseymusic

Post by tomcaseymusic » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:11 am

I have noticed serious issues with Ableton 11.0.2

I run a pretty powerful desktop, i7-4790k, 32 GB ram

I had to edit a podcast for a client and noticed unavoidable audio pops and glitches coming out on the bounces. I updated everything I could think of and the CPU usage is barely past 10%, and yet, pops and pops and pops.

I even have a laptop running a CPU at i7-8700 and 16 GB Ram with everything updated...tested it there...same problem.

Finally, today I did a remix on Pro Tools. No pops or crackles. I'm pretty sure at this point Ableton 11 is the culprit and it appears to be giving a lot of other people issues as well.

I reached out to support but have not heard back from them yet and it appears they are swamped with support requests, so there must be something going on with the new version. I hope they fix it, because I have always felt Ableton to be much more stable than Pro Tools, but I'm afraid they may have finally lost their step.

I hope my comments do not age well, though. I would much rather have Ableton to be my main software for both creative and post-production jobs. Sadly, they are really screwing over people with this.

Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:41 pm

i stopped mentioning my crackles and pops... but all this sounds familiar... what realy makes me feel bad is, that instead of getting some help - at least in the sense of reconfirmation what kind of problems appear on a frequent bases, one is left with the feeling to be a kind of troll, who undermines the great Ableton family - thing. I am not! - I allways liked Ableton´s Live... But it is a relief to see other (professional) users suffering over the not yet working well for some new edition... I also had the same problems with live 10 after installing Live 11... some people write this is impossible, but other experience the same. Anyways, in the KNOWLEDGE BASE it is also suggested to delete Live 10 and that is exactly what I did, hoping that it would help me... I am no Troll! I have updated to Live 11 and all my production is on hold since a quater year almost... mimimimimimimi with a reason!
Search great DAW?

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Dandy Dust wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:41 pm
l my production is on hold since a quater year almost... mimimimimimimi with a reason!
Live 11 hasnt even been out that long. Think you may need to re-do your mathematics.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

baffledjs

Post by baffledjs » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:12 am

Evictor wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:52 am

My only gripe is having to re-find my user library if I run L11 and forget to plug in my portable HD first. L10 did this automatically.
I have the same issue, hope they solve it soon.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:21 pm

baffledjs wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:12 am
Evictor wrote:

My only gripe is having to re-find my user library if I run L11 and forget to plug in my portable HD first. L10 did this automatically.
Did you report this issue?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 pm

baffledjs wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:12 am
Evictor wrote:

I have the same issue with my midi keyboard, which is a Akai MPK59, which I always have to unplug an replug when restarting the PC. I used to do it after I started Live 10 and Live 10 would cope with that, NOW with Live 11 I have to replug the Midi-keyboard before I start L11, because otherways L11 crashes, when I do the procedere... in this aspect Live 11 is worse than Live 10.
Search great DAW?

Street Spirit

Post by Street Spirit » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:30 pm

Yeah its still got some bugs to squash, but Iam still amazed thast it does run in Windows 7 Lol

Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:20 pm

They banned you? I don't even wanna know the pejoratives that you said to earn that. lol
[/quote]

I am honestly not aware of any missconduct!
Search great DAW?