PC-how to get Evolution Midi Controller talking to Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mariah K.

PC-how to get Evolution Midi Controller talking to Live?

Post by Mariah K. » Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:33 am

Hi all,

I have a UC-16 Evolution midi controller which I hope to try with Live. So far I've installed the drivers for midi and usb - they appear in Live's preferences/midi drop-down menus so that part is ok.

I'm a bit confused about how to proceed from here. I want to have the midi box talking to Live (ie hardware knobs moving Live's software knobs).

Is there a "learn" function on Live's main page? How/where do I set this up? Is this in the manual? Sorry if I've missed it.

I'm a mere beginner so please have mercy!!

Might I suggest a tutorial on this subject?

Many thanks for any advice.

Mariah

Mariah K.

Got it figgered thanks

Post by Mariah K. » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:09 am

Sorry to take up real estate here.

Mariah

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:39 am

From the manual
The MIDI Map Mode Switch.

Click on the Control Bar's MIDI switch, or use the Option menu's Edit MIDI Map command to enter MIDI map mode. In this mode, you can click on any mixer or effect control, then assign it to a controller simply by sending the desired MIDI message (for example, by turning a knob on your MIDI control box). Your assignments take effect immediately after leaving MIDI map mode.
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

ryansupak

midi mapping

Post by ryansupak » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:29 pm

another tip about midi mapping:

i've got one of those mice where you have extra buttons that can be keymapped.

having one of those buttons mapped to "Ctrl + M" really helps me remap midi controllers really quickly.