Drumrack/Simpler filter bug? key tracking bug?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ieve

Drumrack/Simpler filter bug? key tracking bug?

Post by ieve » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:33 pm

Hello, on Live 11 there seems to be a bug within simpler in drumrack, the filter section does nothing, or acts in unexpected ways.

Here are the settings

Things I've tested:
Key Tracking set to 100%: no affect
Velocity Tracking to 0%: no change
Filter envelope on: no change
Lowpass mode: allows sound through but no filtering
Bandpass mode 12: filtering but isn't effected by the frequency knob
Bandpass mode 24: no sound
Analog filter modeling OSR: I can HEAR the filter's saturation by setting resonance all the way up but it does not filtering.

I expected this filtering section to work like an instance of autofilter (which is working) but it doesn't.
I think the problem is a bug with key tracking, but IDK whether I am doing something wrong or it is a bug :?. Thanks

kb420

Re: Drumrack/Simpler filter bug? key tracking bug?

Post by kb420 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:45 am

Is it possible that you can do a screen capture with audio so that I can hear what is happening, and then you tell us what you expect to happen? I just set a kick drum to the same setting in Simpler as you have there, and I don't hear any issues. Are you looking for some type of modulation on the filter? If that's the case you have to turn on the LFO, and you probably wouldn't hear it that much on a sound as short as the kick.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

jamierial22

Post by jamierial22 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:48 am

I'm having the same issue the LP filter does nothing on simpler within a drum rack. Did this get sorted?

brycecake

Post by brycecake » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:44 pm

First time posting... just wanted to say I too am noticing this issue with Simpler. I have used Simpler extensively for years and thought I was slipping into madness when the filter did not respond as I expected.
A quick test with the Auto Filter, followed by switching to Sampler revealed that the issue is indeed within the filter of Simpler. When I switch the Sampler BACK to Simpler, the filter works as expected. When I load in a new instance of Simpler, it continues to work as expected. If I discover any more details to this, I will report them back to this thread.
I am not sure how to report a bug, but wanted to make sure I documented this issue SOMEWHERE.

StewD

Post by StewD » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:03 am

Having random problems with the filter in Simpler too. Crappy video quality but shows the issue.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1It6Rho ... sp=sharing

Kick and snare samples loaded into 1st & 2nd slot of drum rack. Simpler filter on Kick works as expected.
Simpler filter on Snare:
  • Has no affect in LP mode
  • Mutes the Simpler completely in any other filter mode
WTF?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:41 am

I've never experienced this problem, but if there's a bug then we need to find out what are the steps to trigger it.
You can fill a bug report to support@ableton.com
Ableton Forum Moderator

StewD

Post by StewD » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:58 am

I did contact support after posting my issue here.

Ableton support recommended a reset (delete prefrences, undo history and templates). Haven't been able to replicate the issue since resetting.

Also installed the latest update (11.05) so not sure if that helped at all? Either way I don't appear to be having an issue any more.

Hope this helps.

Lvdb_

Post by Lvdb_ » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:05 pm

Just ran into this issue on 11.3.4 as well, but simply relaunching Live resolved the problem for me (for now, at least).

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:04 pm

Lvdb_ wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:05 pm
Just ran into this issue on 11.3.4 as well, but simply relaunching Live resolved the problem for me (for now, at least).
Me too, I think.
If it ever happens to you again, please generate a Status Pack by clicking "Get Support" in the Help menu. Then send fill a bug report and send this Status Pack.
Ableton Forum Moderator

KalnzEB

Post by KalnzEB » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm

Happened to me as well although I'm running latest Live 11.3.10 update.

In my experience it's kind of random issue.. like if I drop sample in any of Drum Rack's pad there is a chance the Simpler's filter won't work and it can pass audio through or it can mute/filter it to a very minimum (barely noticeable dB meter movements) but either way filter does not work.

The solution to this if that ever happens I just delete a chain and reassign. At least it worked for me.