Does it make sense to install Standard/ suite when I dont even have enough GB for the whole sound libraries on my laptop

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gallagherf

Does it make sense to install Standard/ suite when I dont even have enough GB for the whole sound libraries on my laptop

Post by gallagherf » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:06 am

hey guys!

I just read "Up to 76 GB disk space for additionally available sound content" about Live 11 Standard/Suite which is GREAT! But my laptop is a bit old and has only 8 GB installed Ram...

SO im not sure if I could even make use of these huge sound libraries or how does that work?

Sorry if this is a stupid question Im a bit confused by now.

Thank you for any help. <3

yur2die4

Re: Does it make sense to install Standard/ suite when I dont even have enough GB for the whole sound libraries on my la

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:04 pm

Ram and disk space are different.

You definitely wouldn’t need 76 gb of ram.

As for the sound libraries, you don’t have to install all of them. If you have Suite, you can install the main software which will also include having various devices unlocked. But for the extra ‘packs’ you can pick and choose which ones you want to install either from the site or from within the Live browser.

The Ableton site is a pretty good resource for determining which packs you deem essential.