Project with 32 different scenes and mixes, M4L advice

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
GrumoSound

Project with 32 different scenes and mixes, M4L advice

Post by GrumoSound » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:12 pm

Hi, I´have an Ableton project where I want each scene linked to my Elektrons´ patterns, using the Elektron Pattern Clips device from @Airyck. For now the idea is to have 32 “songs” in the project, each one with 4 different pattern, so 128 scenes.

But I want as well each “song” to have a kind of mix or plugin configuration different to the others. I´m trying to do it via dummy clips with chains but I´m getting crazy. I have to go clip by clip setting the automation of the chain selector and the Device On of Off of the chains (On for the rack of the chain for that “song” and Off for the other 31 chains). For some reason this is very hard to do and sometimes copy/pasting doesn´t work as expected so I have repeat this for most of the clips. You can imagine, 16 tracks * 32 clips * 32 automations for each clip, it´s painful.

So, the goal is having 32 different “songs” each one with its own “mix” and master chain.

Can anyone tell me how is the best way to handle this?

I tried some M4L devices from Tom Cosm but not sure if they will work for what I want.

Thanks!

robrage

Re: Project with 32 different scenes and mixes, M4L advice

Post by robrage » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:13 am

Have you found anything on this yet?

I'm interested in a solution like this as well. I'd ideally keep some preset dummy clips in my user library so I don't have to rebuild common functions, but they don't seem to paste correctly between tracks.

I'm sure there is a logical reason for this, but I've yet to figure out why.

GrumoSound

Post by GrumoSound » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:05 am

Not for now, I´m using the same config for every "track".

dougdi

Post by dougdi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 am

I’ve been meaning to check Kapture out, I wonder if it could help? I’m facing the same dilemma.

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/kapture/

Hmmmm, discontinued? Maybe not a good choice.
Doug