Switching Back to Live 10

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
milfhuntr

Switching Back to Live 10

Post by milfhuntr » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:17 am

Hi, Digiphex Electronics from YouTube here.

I am switching back to Live 10 because Live 11 is crashing daily, CPU hogging, glitching, popping, etc.

I don't post often these days but this is ridiculous. Anyone else having problems?

jestermgee

Re: Switching Back to Live 10

Post by jestermgee » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:37 pm

Nope, all fine here on my system.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:22 pm

No issues here either, Live 11 runs the same as Live 10 on my system.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

tactile_coast

Post by tactile_coast » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:58 pm

Yep same here and its widely reported across several Ableton groups by many users.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:05 am

tactile_coast wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:58 pm
Yep same here and its widely reported across several Ableton groups by many users.
Only issues I see posted mostly are people complaining about performance problems of some kind but failing to even post what OS they are on, what their specs are, what audio interface etc.... Like above here, no details (not even the basics of what OS) that can be of any use. I could say "all you need is the same setup I have and you won't have problems"... But you will struggle without me even saying what that is.

Some users are bound to have some issues at some time with something especially with a new major release but to narrow things down and compare one piece of fruit with another, you need variables to compare. Posts like "yep, I have issues with things" and having no details to compare with is kind of pointless.

AbletonMASCHINE

Post by AbletonMASCHINE » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:12 am

jestermgee wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:05 am

Only issues I see posted mostly are people complaining about performance problems of some kind but failing to even post what OS they are on, what their specs are, what audio interface etc.... Like above here, no details (not even the basics of what OS) that can be of any use. I could say "all you need is the same setup I have and you won't have problems"... But you will struggle without me even saying what that is.

Some users are bound to have some issues at some time with something especially with a new major release but to narrow things down and compare one piece of fruit with another, you need variables to compare. Posts like "yep, I have issues with things" and having no details to compare with is kind of pointless.
+++
You can't be more right. Regrettably I see this behavior in more and more forums. If one doesn't spend time for investigating details then it seems that their "issues" are obviously not important.

cids

Post by cids » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:52 pm

milfhuntr wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:17 am
Hi, Digiphex Electronics from YouTube here.

I am switching back to Live 10 because Live 11 is crashing daily, CPU hogging, glitching, popping, etc.

I don't post often these days but this is ridiculous. Anyone else having problems?
Anything we can help with? Any details you can share on your setup?
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2