Ableton Live 11 Master Not Exporting with Pans

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
klepto84

Ableton Live 11 Master Not Exporting with Pans

Post by klepto84 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Greetings,

This is my first post here because I usually find my answers by searching the forum, but not this time.
The equipment: Dell G-5 PC i7 32gig ram, 1tb ssd, Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen, Novation Launchkey49, Ableton 11, Native Instruments and Spitfire audio products. I recently went thru Focusrite's excellent "how to optimize PC for music recording" piece.

The issue: I can't create stereo panned vocal tracks by duplicating a track and sending each signal left or right
Everything goes to the left and the vocal tracks level indicator shows a strong left and a weak right signal before and after panning.

The Ableton manual says " Mono is turned into stereo simply by using the identical signal for left and right channels. When a track is routed into a mono output, the left and right signals are added together and attenuated by 6 dB to avoid clipping."

What I've tried: checked all tracks to ensure "on"
removed automation except volume
checked the volume levels on each track
checked the vocal track mix volume automation to make sure the right send tracks had sufficient volume levels.
set all the pans at equal left/right
created tracks from the original by "copying" then by "duplicating"
checked the forum
Googled
Note: the midi tracks pan as expected. Vocals are the only audio in this session.

Suggestions?

Mark Williams

Re: Ableton Live 11 Master Not Exporting with Pans

Post by Mark Williams » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:05 pm

Try using the Utility audio effect on each track, you can turn stereo into mono and pan after that..
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

klepto84

Re: Ableton Live 11 Master Not Exporting with Pans

Post by klepto84 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:24 pm

Please ignore my previous message. I solved the issue with the ableton utility. Thanks anyways!