Live not opening recent projects

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fastfx

Live not opening recent projects

Post by fastfx » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:56 am

Hi,

I have noticed within the last week that Live is not opening quite a lot of my recent projects anymore. I go to open them and it just quits.

Any idea why this is? It is incredibly frustrating. I have tried dragging the tracks in from lives browser into a new set, and yes that works, but you lose all your return channels and even more importantly the master channel.

Thanks

jestermgee

Re: Live not opening recent projects

Post by jestermgee » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:00 pm

os?
live version?
(always helps to know what you are using any time you have an issue)

more than often it is due to a plugin issue (VST) so check what plugins you have in your project, if many projects do not launch check for a common plugin and look if there is an update. As a test, if you note a plugin that is common (an effect for instance) try remove that from the plugin folder and test opening. If it still crashes, check another plugin. If you manage to get the project to open it will say that plugin is missing and then you know what is causing the issue. Start with plugins such as free ones that are old and not updated, cracked plugins if you have them (because this is what you can expect) and old versions you may not have updated in a long while.

fastfx

Re: Live not opening recent projects

Post by fastfx » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:20 pm

Thanks, I’m guessing it must be something I put on the master channel because when I drag all the other channels into a new project they are fine.

Strange thing is I don’t use many different plugins on the master.

I might try and update all plugins and see.