Connecting MX1, TB 03, TD3 and Yamaha AN1X to Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kebabman

Connecting MX1, TB 03, TD3 and Yamaha AN1X to Live

Post by kebabman » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:02 pm

Hi there

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere...

I have recently bought a Roland MX1 that I am trying to use to sync a Roland TB 03, Behringer TD-3 and Yamaha AN1x (1990s synth) to Live 9.

I'm a newbie on hardware but I've worked out how to connect these without a computer using the Internal clock on the MX1:

MX1 - usb3 out to TB -03 - standard MIDI cable to TD-3 - standard MIDI cable to AN1x.

These all sync up fine when I hit play on the MX1 which I am using to control the tempo.

I was hoping that I would then be able to just connect the MX1 to my MBP via usb, choose PC clock on the MX1 and that would be it. Sadly no...

I'm afraid I'm a real newbie on all the MIDI in and out settings under Lives preferences. Things seem to work when I'm just using the TB -03 connected via its usb to the MX1 but as soon as I try and connect anything else (TD-3 or AN1x), things aren't working.

The TB-03 seems to be hogging the MIDI and sending it's data to the TD-3 so I have 2 modules playing the same data!

I was hoping I could seamlessly get this all working in Live so I could add to my Live compositions.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks
If I'm not there I'll cut my hair...