Simultaneous arm/disarm with midi map CC

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
onia

Simultaneous arm/disarm with midi map CC

Post by onia » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:23 pm

I am trying to use the FCB1010 foot pedal with a UnO firmware upgrade to control the arm state of multiple tracks simultaneously. The UnO has an awesome 'stompbox mode' where you can toggle different armstates independently with 5 footswitches. I use this with CC 0 and CC127 messages midi mapped to arm state of tracks and it works great.

I can also have the other 5 switches send CC off to all other stompbox pedals except for one, which is also what I want. i.e. I will arm a few tracks and want to be able to cut all others except for one track quickly. However, when I try and do this where multiple arm states are being set simultaneously with 5 CC messages, Ableton is arming and disarming the tracks seemingly randomly, as if there was some sort of mixup of which CC value the '127' was being sent to.

Specifically I have 5 tracks mapped to CC 51-55, and this is what message should be sent to turn off all tracks except for one.

And indeed looking with a midi monitor in Ableton the correct messages appear to be being sent, which makes me thing this is an Ableton thing. Though when I midi map I cannot see what is going on with the CC messages anymore.

Perhaps the midi messages are being sent too fast consecutively? The first two messages appear to be sending at essentially the same time.

I've also tried sending midi notes instead of CC and I have the same issue...