Why can't I see an automation lane for this track?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thedavydark

Why can't I see an automation lane for this track?

Post by thedavydark » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:49 pm

Hi folks. Scratching my head over this one, I wonder if anyone can help.

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/qkLk8mB

See the orange 'Bass chords' track - there's no automation lane, even though Automation Mode is active.

Weirdly, if I toggle the track activator on/off, the dotted red automation line appears for a split second then disappears again.

Any ideas?

mrblackbat

Re: Why can't I see an automation lane for this track?

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:38 am

If you select "mixer" for automation (the two boxes under the track name on the right) and "track volume" does it appear as normal?

thedavydark

Post by thedavydark » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:08 am

Hey. Thanks for getting back to me.

If I select 'Mixer' the selection immediately switches back to the VST (TAL-u-no lx).

I basically can't select anything other than what's currently selected in that automation lane.

I think I've encountered a bug.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:16 pm

You probably have the "show only automated parameters" (or something along those lines) option selected. You need to select the "show all parameters" (or something along those lines) instead. It's in the first automation drop-down menu (you can change it from any track's automation drop-down menu)
Ableton Forum Moderator

thedavydark

Post by thedavydark » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:33 pm

Thanks jur. I definitely don't have "show only automated parameters" selected.

I fixed it by deleting the instance of the plugin and dragging a new instance in from the VST menu.

I think it's a bug with the plugin - TAL-U-NO LX. I'll email the developer.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat May 01, 2021 1:23 pm

If you can reproduce, please report to support@ableton.com
Ableton Forum Moderator

myohmyohmy

Post by myohmyohmy » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:18 am

I'm able to reproduce a problem but not a solution. I've reported it to support.

I set the tempo at 300. The automation lines for tempo are not visible in the lanes. I clicked on the lane to set a breakpoint with a tempo of 148. You can see the lines go out of the viewing space.

Hope this helps! (this image won't be here forever...hmmm...doesn't show up at all...go to inspect, look at the source code, copy the link to the image into your browser)

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:04 pm

myohmyohmy wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:18 am
I'm able to reproduce a problem but not a solution. I've reported it to support.

I set the tempo at 300. The automation lines for tempo are not visible in the lanes. I clicked on the lane to set a breakpoint with a tempo of 148. You can see the lines go out of the viewing space.

Hope this helps! (this image won't be here forever...hmmm...doesn't show up at all...go to inspect, look at the source code, copy the link to the image into your browser)

Adjust the Tempo Maximum Range (the right box below SongTempo in the automation lane).
It's now set to 200. Set it to for example 350 and it should display the line for 300.