Is there a possibility to change the MIDI value, at which Note On/Off messages are activated?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Andi63263

Is there a possibility to change the MIDI value, at which Note On/Off messages are activated?

Post by Andi63263 » Sun May 02, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi,

I have already researched a lot on the Internet and read the Ableton user manual, but unfortunately I couldn't find a solution. I would be happy if someone could help me. :) I hope my english is acceptable.

Since I'm working on a project that is based a lot on midi data, it's important for me to know if it is possible in Ableton 11, to change the value at which the Note On/Off Message is activated. Because basically it is set in Ableton that Controller Midi values 64 and above are treated like Note On messages and under 63 are treated like Note Off messages.

For example:
If I only want to activate the session slot with a fader at the special midi value of 100, I don't know how to set it. I don't want the NoteOn message to be activated at a value of 64. And I want to change this function in Ableton, because I dont have the oppurtunity, to change settings in my MIDI Controller. For me it is important that I use the fader to activate the session slot and not a other kind of controller-button.