Adjusting measures/timing behind two recorded audio tracks (for later adding MIDI) (newbie question)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jbroses

Adjusting measures/timing behind two recorded audio tracks (for later adding MIDI) (newbie question)

Post by jbroses » Mon May 03, 2021 10:11 pm

I am brand new to Ableton Live. I was able to record two tracks simultaneously (scratch drums and scratch guitar). I'm planning on recording live instruments over those tracks, which is no problem, but I've noticed that all the measure markers are off. This is going to be a problem if I want to record MIDI drums over this audio and use quantization to get hits closer to the proper beats.

So basically, I am looking for how to take two pre-recorded audio tracks that are the same length and adjust the measure markers behind them to match the beat. I have explored doing this by inserting warp markers, "Set 1.1.1 here" and "Warp from here," but doing so stretches the clips - plus I can't do that to both clips at once, and when I do it separately the clips end up slightly out of sync.

Is there a way to simply adjust the measure markers behind the recorded audio (for both tracks) without touching the audio at all? I.e., just tell it "here's the first downbeat, here's the second downbeat, now draw in all the rest"?

I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but I've been looking at videos and forums for hours with no luck. Any help appreciated.