Resizing Group tracks

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Resizing Group tracks

Post by aklisiewicz » Mon May 10, 2021 3:20 am

I have never had that problem in Live-10.
From time to time I have problem resizing Group track. In other words all grouped tracks are fine, I can size them any way I want, but the GROUP track itself often will not size down. This happened to me already many times. It is common especially when a Group has sub-Groups. The only solution is to ungroup and re-create groups from scratch, which obviously sucks! I wonder if anybody experienced this or have solution ?

Live11/Win10
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Resizing Group tracks

Post by [jur] » Sat May 15, 2021 12:00 pm

That's normal, unfortunately. The bigger the track count, the bigger the parent group track header will be at minimum height.
Ableton Forum Moderator

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Wed May 19, 2021 4:07 am

Not really. I had this same track half of the size few days ago. I resized it (I guess with the mouse wheel+key) and then I could not size it down back to what it was. For example, I take 2 groups each of them has same track count but one group track is much wider than others. Something is definitely wrong here...
I have not figured out the pattern but there are other issues with groups so something got messed up. this never happened to me in Live 10 (which used the same group functionality).
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed May 19, 2021 8:27 am

I said "normal" in the sense that it's the way it's currently implemented... which is far from ideal.
Ableton Forum Moderator