Unable to open a live 11 project - stuck on "loading live set" forever. Need help.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Refl3xes

Unable to open a live 11 project - stuck on "loading live set" forever. Need help.

Post by Refl3xes » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:24 am

Live 11 just hangs when trying to load this project I'm working on. It's not a particularly large project and it's using mainly just synths that I would normally use quite regularly (aside from maybe Tidal, which is pretty new for me).

I was working on it, saved, closed, and then when I tried to open again it was stuck forever. It's been doing that ever since. I even tried to open the project in the browser within Live and move the tracks over, essentially creating a copy of the project, and now that won't open either (although everything loaded like normal for me with this method). I don't know what to do. I need to access the project without having to drag over my tracks every time I want to make an edit, save as a new version etc.

I'm worried this might happen again to a more important song I'm working on, and then I don't know what I would do.

I recently upgraded my RAM if that's relevant, but I don't know why that would cause these issues with one song. I'm thinking it's a weird VST issue but I don't know which one it might be. There's nothing "new" in that file that I haven't used before.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm desperate!

skotterz

Re: Unable to open a live 11 project - stuck on "loading live set" forever. Need help.

Post by skotterz » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:57 pm

i'm very interested to find out what you learn because just as of today i'm getting Live 11 hanging on launch, unable to initialize, and yesterday it launched as usual. i tried resetting. i even tried launching the Beta . . . and no dice. i can't find anything on this subject on the interwebs, but if there are two of us having this problem then there must be others. i'm dead in the water here unless i want to use my old computer (with a buggy usb port).

yesterday Ableton didn't recognize my Push 2. i tried it on my old computer (Live 10) and it worked fine. i reset all the instances of control surfaces and it could be seen again, but i've never had a lick of trouble with Ableton before and now both of these weird problems.

i'm on Mac OSX 10.15.7 catalina and updated Live recently to 11.05 . . . something tells me these issues are due to the update.

anybody?
. . . bueller?

.marc.

Re: Unable to open a live 11 project - stuck on "loading live set" forever. Need help.

Post by .marc. » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:45 am

You both opened a support-ticket?

Refl3xes

Post by Refl3xes » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:15 am

I opened a support ticket and they helped me identify a plugin (or two, can't remember) that was causing the issue. The bizarre thing was that the plugin (Faturator from KiloHearts was one of them) was being used in several places in the project, but have it on one track in particular was causing the issue. I removed it from just that track, kept it everywhere else, and I was able to open the project normally again.

The process of opening your project in the explorer and dragging each track over, saving and reopening after each one to see if still works... is a pain. But if I have this issue again, and I fully expect to, then I'll have to do that again. I made a support ticket a week or so ago for a different issue and haven't heard anything yet, so it seems that their support is pretty busy atm.